Parents' duplicate accounts

Hi, I have 2 adults who have duplicate accounts.

Adult1:
Inactive: BSA#137332524 - has email address
Active: BSA#13962222 - NO EMAIL ADDRESS AREA
I tried to move their inactive account email address to the active account, but the active account does not have the email address area, so I couldn’t do it.
Scout: BSA#137332523
Please merge the account.

Adult2
Active: BSA#137332509 - NO EMAIL ADDRESS AREA
Inactive: NO BSA # associated with this account - has email address
Just like Adult1, active account has no email address area so I can’t enter their email address.
Scout BSA# 137332508
Please merge the accounts so they don’t have 2 accounts.

Thank you and kind regards,
Rina Salaka

This adult has 3 BSA member numbers and each one has a different date of birth. Please contact your local council about correcting the date of birth and retiring / deleting the other 2 BSA numbers (13962222 and 13962236). Once the date of birth is corrected, we can merge the Scoutbook accounts.

Adult1:
Inactive: BSA#137332524 - has email address
Active: BSA#13962222 - NO EMAIL ADDRESS AREA
I tried to move their inactive account email address to the active account, but the active account does not have the email address area, so I couldn’t do it.
Scout: BSA#137332523
Please merge the account.

Adult2 has been fixed.

1 Like

Thank you for looking into the issue. I’m a bit confused, on the Scoutbook, there are only 2 accounts associated with their scout. Is the 3rd account not connected to any scout? Or is it associated with her Google account? Because she was initially trying to access using Google.

Also, shouldn’t we keep the BSA#13962222 that is active in use, and delete 2 inactive accounts?

Thank you.
Rina

I have this same problem. I have two member IDs

13742954 and 1407209

Any help merging these two accounts would be appreciated. Thanks.

@RinaSalaka There are BSA member numbers and there are Scoutbook userID numbers. They are separate things. You can see both numbers on a user’s Edit Profile page in Scoutbook. The third BSA member number is not connected to the Scout in Scoutbook.

We usually keep the Scoutbook account (userID) that has the most data and merge others into it.

BSA member number 137332524 is associated with a Tiger Adult Partner registration.

Two scoutbook user IDs for same parent, I believe both are fairly new.

@BenKopek Your accounts have been merged.

Hi Jennifer,

Yes I understand that there are BSA# and SB ID.
So before I contacts the council, let me clarify.

• BSA#137332524 is inactive but it is connected with the scouts and is Tiger Adult Partner registration so we keep it.

• Ask the parent the correct DOB (parent’s, not the scout’s), then ask the council to delete the numbers #13962222 and #13962236 off the account (not deleting the account)

• Once it’s done, contact you and you will merge them all.

Is my understanding correct?
Thank you.

@RinaSalaka This parent [parent’s name] has 3 BSA member numbers:

• 137332524 - Tiger Adult Partner registration

Each BSA member number has a different date of birth. Her correct date of birth is [mm/dd/yyyy].

Ask your council to please correct her date of birth and retire the other BSA member numbers, if possible.

She also has 3 Scoutbook userIDs:

I would recommend keeping the first one (Scoutbook userID 11928049) based on what I see in the account. However, we can keep any of them and change the BSA member number and my.scouting username so that she can log in to the correct Scoutbook account. Your council might also be able to merge Scoutbook accounts.

1 Like

Ok got it.
Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hello,

I am listed in Scout Book twice but I am only able to access one profile (Member ID13449385). How do I remove the second listing?

@MelissaMerriman

I only see 1 Scoutbook account for you and none with the BSA Member ID you provided. You do have 2 my.scouting.org IDs. Please use the one that is your e-mail address without the @*.com to log in to Scoutbook.

@MelissaMerriman I sent you a new private message with login instructions.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.