Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Payment Logs and Paypal

I’ve followed the instructions to connect PayPal to our troop Scoutbook account. However, I don’t seem to be able to actually use it. When I go to my daughter’s payment log, the “PayPal Payment” category isn’t showing up.

What am I doing wrong here?

Did she have anything charged to her account? I don’t think it shows unless there is a charge.

Also, it could be that you have to be logged into the parent account that is linked with her account to do payments.

I added her membership fee, and still only the categories I have manually added in the past are showing up. Am I supposed to add the “PayPal Payment” category myself?

Well, that’s my main Scoutbook account; I don’t have another one.

Oh. The instructions are wrong. They say:

In Scoutbook.com, parent/guardians can navigate to their Scout’s account page, select payment logs and add a payment. In Categories, select PayPal Payment.

Instead, one must navigate to the actual log item you want to pay for, and a big PayPal button appears.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.