Problem transferring an adult leader

We have a parent who is transferring with his son from another pack. He has tried to use the MYST instructions, and continues to receive this error:

Error
Our apologies, but we are experiencing an error on
our end.  Please contact your local council to
report it. Error: This member has no paid position.
Transfer/multiple not allowed.

He has memberships listed in his old pack, our pack as a Tiger Adult Partner, and a Troop. I can understand completely that his membership in both packs might be as an adult partner and therefore doesn’t have a paid position to transfer. However, he has a membership listed with a troop, and therefore he should be able to do a “multiple” and have his application submitted to our pack to be a den leader.

Any assistance in this is appreciated. Are we even doing this correctly? His BSA # is: 129632472

well is he transferring to your pack as a leader? if not there is no reason to transfer him as he will come connected to his scout anyway

@DonovanMcNeil Yes, sorry I didn’t include that, I thought I had. He will be coming on as a Den Leader.

Best guess is it is looking at first account type only - Tiger Parent=no pay, or in this case MBC=no pay - and not looking at every possible account - @RonaldBlaisdell thoughts?

@DonovanMcNeil I wouldn’t be surprised if the pack membership is Tiger Parent. I have no visibility on his Troop membership. Would an MBC be registered with the troop, or at a higher level? I thought all of the troop positions would be paid (I’m a pack guy, so I’m not current on troops).

MBC is a free council position - but the user is also an ASM which is a paid position

@DonovanMcNeil So with him being an ASM, shouldn’t he be able to hit the “Multiple” button and be able to send his application to our unit to be a Den Leader?

Yes, I would think so, but he may need to hit Multiple from the ASM position, not from the Tiger Adult Partner position.

@jacobfetzer He has tried that and still receives the error.

I am a Tiger adult partner in addition to several registered positions, and I was able to successfully multiple into another registered position this summer using the online tools. So, there may be some specific issue with his account.

@jacobfetzer thank you. I’ll reach out to him and see what we can do to make it work.

This case appears to be complicated enough to require being done by the council registrar.

Can we transfer a parent from a pack to the troop, he would be a committee member, using MYST? It would be a multiple membership as he still has a Scout in the pack.

It would be cleaner (I think) for them to do it themself under my.scouting.org > My Applications > there is a clear Multiple choice there

@DonovanMcNeil fixed my post it was confusing, I apologize.

@CD32 see this
MYST Transfer tool.pdf (222.1 KB)

I do not recall a way to Multiply on unit side
MYST Transfer tool Unit.pdf (191.2 KB)