Quick Edit area just disappeared

So yours works. Any idea why ours has stopped working. We don’t even have Quick Entry on our list.

Tried removing the extension and re-installing, but same result. No longer have Quick Entry on my list.

I checked on Windows 7 & 10 under both Chrome and Firefox (latest version of both) and I’m still seeing all of the various quick-entry options associated with the Extension. On Chrome under Android, I’m seeing the “regular” (non-extension) Quick-entry options, since the extension is not installed on that device.

Take a look all the way at the bottom of the scoutbook screen for a light-beige character string, which identifies the AWS server that you’re connecting to for Scoutbook. At one point, there was a Feature Assistant problem that was manifesting differently for folks connecting to different servers. Maybe this is a similar issue? If you post your server ID, it should help @GaryFeutz rule it in or out as a possibility.

I’m connecting in to: AWSWEBSCTBK1A (from Firefox) and AWSWEBSCTBK1C (from Chrome).
I’m running Feature Assistant version 0.42.0.1.

Also, if you post a screenshot of what you are seeing, it might help diagnose where things are going off the rails.

ETA: Apparently related threads here and here.

Can you copy and paste the text of the AWS server? Maybe my eyes are going bad, but I can’t tell what it says. :wink:

Don’t see a character string of any kind at the bottom of the page.

If you drag your mouse across the bottom where I drew the arrow in my post, it will capture a string of text. I can see that it’s there in your screenshot, I just can’t read it.

@JulianaRather - highlight the area below the BSA logo and scoutbook.

Found it by swinging the mouse around. It is basically invisible on my screen.

AWSWEBSCTBK3A

Ok…so I wonder if the others with the issue are on the same host. That should be requested on the other forum posts.

If you are following, see if you can send the server you are using.
Copy and paste from directly below the Scoutbook logo.

Dawn and I are both on the 3C server. What do we do with this information? Anybody know how to change which server you are connected to??

Sorry - incorrect information. Dawn is on 3C, I am on 3A. Those of you with working extensions are on 1A and 1C. The A and C seem to be chrome vs firefox. Don’t know what the numbers mean.

I logged in to Scoutbook from my phone and Got Server 2C with the same results. No Quick Entry on my menu. Server may not be the answer.

Hi, @JulianaRather,

I’m not aware of any way to force a change in which server you connect into. IIRC, they are load-balanced regionally, but I’m a structural engineer, not an IT guy, so there are others better qualified to answer with certainty.

Weird.

@Stephen_Hornak, @ZacharyMcCarty which server(s) are y’all on? I think both of y’all were able to see at least one form or another of the Quick Entry interface (either the default Scoutbook version or the Feature Assistant version or both).

@CharleyHamilton - certainly, I am seeing full function on: AWSWEBSCTBK2A

1 Like

AWSWEBSCTBK2C And my Quick Entry was visible

1 Like

Ok, so @Stephen_Hornak and @ZacharyMcCarty are hitting the same server as @JulianaRather, and getting full function. That does seem to rule out server as the issue.

@DawnSelly and @JulianaRather, have y’all gotten any new scouts in recently? Maybe Scoutbook is seeing a scout for whom y’all don’t have proper connection/permissions, and preventing you from accessing the quick entry tool since you don’t have the right permissions.