Rank advancement error

is that the problem and if so, how do I fix it?

A Key 3 has to go to Unit Security Manager in My.scouting and add the functional role of Unit Advancement Chair to you

So do you think that is the issue?!!

When you go to my.scouting.org, are you able to access your unitā€™s Organization Security Manager? If so, you should see your name listed next to Key 3 Delegate.

I am having this same problem. I canā€™t enter a scoutā€™s merit badges so I can complete his advancement history for his Eagle application.

I am currently listed as the Unit Advancement Chair.

@ValerieRemkus were you able to find out if you were setup right as Unit Advancement Chair?

I was set up as Advancement Chair, and was shown the screen shot from my committee chairā€™s computer, but it doesnā€™t list it on my profile - it only says Committee member. I tried again today from my work computer, on Firefox, and it went through as easily as promised. I think I was using internet explorer last night.
Thanks for the support and follow up!

I LOVE that you I am able to do multiple scouts at one time!

My understanding is that all functional roles expire Dec 31 irrespective of your unit member registration year.

As a Key 3 Delegate I do not know if you can change your functional role assignments in the Organization Security Manager tool.

Hi, I am having the exact same issue. i have tried using google chrome and safari because you mentioned that internet explorer was your problem. I cannot get any info in the drop down menu after the ā€œtype of advancementā€. I am one of the key 3, i am the cubmaster. This is my first time using IA because my person who did awards for me left this year. I believe she was using the old version. Please advise.

I am having the same problem. Did anyone get this solved?

I had the same problem last week, was finally able to enter advancement twelve hours later when the problem was ā€œresolvedā€, but am now having the exact same problem all over again. I work over 50 hours a week. I donā€™t have time for this crappy software and all its malfunctions. There has got to be a different way to send records to council/national.

2 Likes

I am having the same problem for the past 2 days. I have tried every browser (Chrome, Explorer, and Firefox) read every forum post I can find and still cannot see any ā€œadvancement itemā€ when I click the drop down regardless of which ā€œadvancement typeā€ I have selected. Additionally when I click on a scoutā€™s profile they all show blank but if I run a history report for a scout I am able to see all their advancement info no problem. This is my first time using IA 2.0 and so far although it looks great, itā€™s proving to be a huge pain.

At least you can see the scoutā€™s history. All I get is a page with our Troop and council info. If Iā€™m lucky, the scoutā€™s name and rank, but none of the earned merit badges or other awards. Iā€™m actually thinking of resigning as Advancement Chair. I donā€™t have the time to be spending hours (over two last night) trying to input advancement items, without having been able to accomplish anything.

For our last COH in June, I uploaded the file from Troopmaster, using the instructions given for 3rd party files. Everything seemed fine, but then when generating the new COH documents for next week, I noticed that when checking off the ā€˜update flagsā€™ box in Troopmaster, that only the ranks are showing as reported to council. None of the merit badges were reported, despite the initial success with uploading the file to IA. Iā€™m hoping that when I upload again after this next COH that the merit badges will be accepted, as this software wonā€™t let me enter them individually.

I am having same issue. I select a scout from the roster, click the record advancement button. I select a date, select Rank from type dropdown. then when I select advancement Item I receive no data message. I am the Scoutmaster and I am listed as such in the profile. This is my first time using IA 2.0. I have tried using Chrome and Edge with the same results.

@MickeyLang I am not seeing this behavior - try a private/incognito window

It is working now.

image001.jpg

Iā€™m still seeing the error. The website displays that Iā€™m the advancement chair yet the interface does not allow me to record the new ranks for our Scouts. Is there going to be a fix for this because I tried the things suggested in the discussion but none have worked. Having to wait for to be fixed is unacceptable in volunteer based organization.

05%20PM

Iā€™m having the same issue. I was able to input merit badges, but not rank advancements. Does anyone from the actual council/national check these forums? Should I be calling the help line instead?

If volunteers in these Scouting Forums cannot help you can submit a trouble ticket online at https://help.scoutbook.com/submit-a-ticket/

A technical trouble reports can also be submitteed with technical details via the Help Center (https://jira.scouting.org/