Regsitering in the Troop, but has old Cub Profile

We have a scout joining our Troop, she was a Cub Scout in 2018-19, but dropped off after that. Her mom can access Scoutbook, but my.scouting is telling her she has to be 18 when she logs in. I tried transferring the scout in both systems, but both say “member not found”.

BSA# 12908147
From Pack 104 NCAC
To Troop 1137G NCAC

If we can’t transfer her, how do we reset everything so that mom can re-register her?

@EliasEl_Hage I do not believe you can transfer her as she is not currently registered (not paid) - so she needs a new application - just include the BSA # on it so they avoid the $25 new scout fee

OK. Can we reset the my.scouting account so the mom can access it?

This is what she sees after she logs in

The mother has no DOB on her accounts - you can talk to council to repair that

1 Like

She is using her email as the login - she has a my.scouting username that is better and attached to her daughter - it is everything before the @ of her email

1 Like

Can the mom fix the DOB issue from Scoutbook?

no she cannot - she needs to use the other log in it will work better - once she is in then we can move things around and clean up the rest like DOB

1 Like

She said it didn’t work, that the system said the username/password combination was incorrect. I’m going to have her reset the password and hopefully that will do the trick.

I was able to get council to fix the DOB for the mother. We’re into the my.scouting account, but when we search for the ‘Former’ scout, it says “Member Not Found”. Council was able to look her up right away, so we know she’s in there.

I waited over night to see if that would change anything, but we are still getting the same error. The system won’t recognize her. If they go in as a new scout, will the system still charge them the $25 or will it know not to?

like I said - she has a my.scouting username that is better and attached to her daughter - it is everything before the @ of her email

This account is attached to her scout in the membership database - she should have better luck with that login - or just use a paper application

We are using the login only, not the email. I made sure when I spoke with Council that we had everything correct.

At this point, I thought it had been too long and the system won’t take the scout as a former member anymore. Is there a time limit?