Reminder Email Showing Wrong Start time

Second Email Came in Ticket Number Scoutbook Support Incident SSD-94215

Iā€™ve passed that ticket number along to the developers to ask them to look into it. I canā€™t say when they will be able to, though.

We got a response back. They indicated your timezone hadnā€™t been set. Is it fixed now?

Did you get an email response saying it was fixed, yet?

Yes i didā€¦ Is this fixed for everyone in our Pack or just my account? If My account how to we correct it for everyone else?

Thanks for the help

Timezone is set for the unit, which is what the email Reminders are based on. Then, the displayed Events in scoutbook are based on the device TZ settings. Should be fixed for your whole unit.

Great thanks for all the help

I have had the same issue. I even sent in a support ticket SSD-95002 and item is still not corrected. After recent time change in everywhere else except here in Arizona, my reminder emails now say 2 hours AFTER my event is scheduled in Scoutbook calendar.

I have been asking for help for close to two months. There was even a message that said they can fix it on their end back on February 4.

My computer time and time zone is 100% correct on my Surface Pro.

There are no timezone options shown in Scoutbook, the event setup or the reminder emails.

PLEASE HELP!! I am looking foolish to my parents.

Hi, @JessRankin,

Iā€™m not seeing the issue here in California. My most recent scheduled reminder appears to be correct:

Calendar: Troop 750 B
Event: **** POSTPONED **** Troop 750 Court of Honor
Where: Shulman Auditorium, Dove Library
When: Mar 23, 2020 6:30pm-8pm (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time

What does your reminder say in terms of the UTC offset? Yā€™all should be UTC-7, right?

Some other questions folks have asked to try to diagnose the issue when others have reported it in the forums are:

• What browser is being used?
  • Is the same behavior observed between scheduled and Send Now reminder emails?
  • What time is shown in the event itself?
  • What location/zip code is shown for the event?

Iā€™m sure youā€™ve been through most of this before with support, but since I canā€™t make the system fail for me, Iā€™m trying to figure out what other symptoms there are.

Hi @ CharleyHamilton

My computer says Arizona time and it is 100% correct.

I use Google Chrome.
I never used send now until today. I always used to scheduled reminders and this is where the issue lies.
There is no time zone showing in emails or on calendar as an option to edit.
There was no zip code on tomorrowā€™s event scheduled March 23rd, but I have done other events that show 85085.

FYI: I ran a pack for several years and have been using Scoutbook calendar with this same computer even for maybe 4 years (or more). It worked fine with the Troop until the time chnaged in November 2019 then it went off the rails and would show reminder emails 1 hour ahead. Now after next time change it moved to two hours ahead. Itā€™s like it is is on Central time.

Arizona does not change time. No daylight savings time here.

Thanks for helping.

The issue is comparatively recent, at least as far as Iā€™ve seen from postings in the forums. I havenā€™t yet seen it, and Iā€™m not entirely sure thereā€™s a single point of failure for all of the cases reported.

Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m mostly throwing ideas at the wall to see if any stick. However, as Iā€™m locked up at home right now courtesy of the virus running around, Iā€™ve found myself with more time on my hands than expected.

Hrmā€¦ so your email reminders donā€™t contain a UTC offset like the example I showed? Thatā€™s surprising. I would have assumed that was a default part if the email. I wonder if thatā€™s a common symptom.

Iā€™m using Chrome as well, so thatā€™s likely not the issue. Others have reported symptoms on Edge and Safari, so that suggests itā€™s browser agnostic.

Is there anything in the Location Map URL field in the event?

I wonder if your 'net location is masked by your ISP. For example, whenever I use a website that tries to guess my location, I always seem to be in Canoga Park, which is over a hundred miles from me. I wonder if your ISP routes you through a location in Central Time for some reason. Iā€™m not quite sure how to test that.

They seem to have resolved @DavidLafkoā€™s issue by getting support to set the time zone for his unit. If youā€™re a unit admin, when you go to My Dashboard ā†’ My Units ā†’ Edit Troop, does the correct address for your charter, including zip code, show up? Iā€™m curious how the time zone gets set for the unit. I have to assume itā€™s based on the address and/or zip code.

Could you provide the ticket number that you got from support? It should be in the subject line of the automated response you got and begins with SSD.

It was in the first post.

I checked the Troop zip code for the chartered org says 85050. That is a North Phoenix zip code. I did hear from scoutbook support this morning. I just need more communication not less. I understand these are trying times. I am working from home myself.

1 Like

What did the response say?

Here is the message:

Thank you for contacting Scoutbook! I have contacted the part of our team that is handling this issue to see if there are any updates. I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.

(keep in mind I sent this issue in Feb 2nd)

My emails still went out tonight for my 6:30pm meeting but it says 8:30pm. I am losing faith because it has been so long. I really want to keep my families on Scoutbook and not something else for calendar and communications.

Jess

Jess,

I asked the development team to look into this.

I appreciate the help.

We use Scoutbook for our calendar. We use the Google plugin to reflect our Scoutbook calendar on our Troop website: www.aztroop531.org

For years, my auto-reminder emails have been so helpful with reaching so many people.

I have other methods too, but this needs to be my main communication portal.

Jess

@JessRankin. How do u do that. Im not tech savy but how do u connect scoutbook calendar to google? I added the share link into our website but i like the google look plus would make it easier for people to link to

With GoDaddy we have it as a pdf and a live feed.

1 Like