Removing OA from recognition report

OA Elected, Ordeal and Brotherhood are showing up on my Recognition report. How do I mark those awarded to get them off the report? These are years old in some cases.

Have you set the dates for elected, Ordeal, Brotherhood in the scouts’ profiles? That moved them from eligible (top of report) to members (bottom of report) for me.

@ConstanceF What date are you using for the “Start Date for Approved Awards”?

I would recommend setting it for the start date as your last court of honor. Order of the Arrow and Training items have no awarded status field, but some units like to recognize them, so that is why they are included on the Recognition Reports.

So what I hear you saying is that there is not a way to just mark “awarded” but I have to forever set the date parameter to exclude them, is that correct?

I have learned the hard way that sometimes “last Court of Honor” date doesn’t work - a completed MB or other award gets reported after the COH, but dated earlier, for instance. So I have always set for everything that has not been awarded.

But appreciate the info - that I cannot mark OA and training awarded to remove from reports, just have to exclude from date range.

If you check the box next to: “Include Not-Awarded Regardless of Date Range”, that will catch merit badges, ranks, and awards that are entered into Scoutbook after the court of honor but with an earlier completion date than the “start date” for the Recognition Report.

1 Like

@CharleyHamilton I think you’re talking about a different report. What you’re recommending is correct for the OA Eligibility Report. @ConstanceF is talking about the Scouts BSARecognition Report.

With that said, it looks like the report is designed to show everything the Troop members achieved since the last key date entered. If you don’t enter a start date, you’ll see the dates the OA members earned Ordeal, Brotherhood, and Vigil, regardless if they’ve been awarded or not.

1 Like

Right. There is no “Awarded” field in the database for Order of the Arrow or Training, so the only way to exclude them is by using a different start date for the report.

You’re right, @SteveCagigas. My mistake. I misunderstood the issue initially described.

No sweat. There are a BUNCH of different reports

That’s the way I would expect the recognition report to work… plug in the date of your last COH, and get a list of everything that’s been done since then.

Right, except for the issue of late awards - esp with scouts doing Merit Badges online these past months, it has taken a long time for them to get their Blue Cards, so in some cases the Merit Badge date was before the last Court of Honor but the scout didn’t have it to turn in yet. Would be nice to have a way to say “don’t tell me again” about these OA and training recognitions but looks like there is not one. Otherwise, it is great, easy, helpful report.

For example:

Let’s say that your troop’s last court of honor was on March 1, 2020.

• Set the “Start Date for Approved Awards” to 3/1/2020.
  • Check the box next to “Include Awarded Within Date Range” [this will catch advancement items that have been marked as Awarded, but the date Completed is between March 1-October 1, 2020]
  • Also check the box next to “Include Not-Awarded Regardless of Date Range” [this will catch advancement items that were Completed and Approved (but not Awarded) prior to March 1, 2020]

Thank you! That worked - that removed the old OA and training recognitions - just what I wanted. Didn’t know that second box would do that, Much appreciated!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.