Request scan for possible duplicate Scout Account

SUAC / Admins,
Could you please assist me by scanning the user database to see if a Scout has a duplicate account? He transferred to our Troop in September from another council in NJ; however, his Scout record has no rank, MB, or other activity prior that which I’ve recorded - and no Cub Scouts history either.
Parents reported that he had been in Cub Scouts, earned AOL, earned Scout and Tenderfoot with other Troop prior to transfer.
Suspect his transfer may have resulted in a new account.
SB UID: 8550470
BSA ID: 135054739

Thank You,
C. Collings, AdvChair

@CharlesCollings so you are council NCAC?

Correct, we are NCAC.
FYSA. The Scout was in a cub pack within NCAC several years ago, then relocated to NJ for few years, and now relocated back to NCAC.

@CharlesCollings this is fixed

Thank You @DonovanMcNeil
I can see changes to the Scout’s account in Scoutbook. However, IA2 is giving me an error when selecting the scout in roster “Logged-in user does not have access to youth’s advancement record”. Tried closing out of my browser and logging in anew, but received same error.

probably needs the overnight sync

Will check again tomorrow then. Thanks Again!

@DonovanMcNeil
Evening Sir, I’ve rebooted, and cleared cache on MS Edge browser, but still receiving the same error message trying to access the Scout’s records in IA2. I can see his advancements in Scoutbook, but not IA2.

Can you detail the steps you are taking to get to him in IA? Also, what’s you registered position in the unit?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@jacobfetzer
Following up on linked post below (it closed 24 hours after last post). Request scan for possible duplicate Scout Account

Role: Unit Advancement Chair, 2 troops
No issues observed previously. After fix by Mr. McNeil @DonovanMcNeil , I receive the error described in other post.
Route: login into Scoutbook, open IA2 from the home menu, confirm selected troop, navigate to Scout with BSA ID below, receive the error.
Note: I do not receive the error when looking at the scout’s advancements in Scoutbook.

What is the error that you see? You see it in Internet Advancement?

Error: “Logged-in user does not have access to youth’s advancement record”
Logged out, logged back in. I’ve since rebooted, and cleared cache on MS Edge browser, but still receiving the same error message trying to access the Scout’s records in IA2. I can see his advancements in Scoutbook, but not IA2.
Receive the same error in Chrome.

Do not see this error on any of the other scouts - only this one whose account needed repair.

@CharlesCollings I just updated the Scout’s council and district in Scoutbook.

If you could wait about 45 minutes and then try again.

1 Like

Thank You @JenniferOlinger that fixed it!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.