Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Requirement Entry Extremely slow for Venturing Ranger Award

I am assuming this behavior is caused by the large number of requirements, and it probably occurs in other places but are there any tips for using Quick Entry (or saving on a single Venturer) to make it not take 5-15 minutes to save a single requirement? The saving is slow for an individual and while using Quick Entry.

That Award is massive and takes a huge load on the processors.

Is there a plan to fix it? Not sure how Scoutbook handles it but I would’ve assumed since it’s such a JS heavy SPA that the browser would just bundle up the request via JSON and wait for a response. The tooling for Venturing has driven me to keep track of everything in Google Sheets since most of my quick entries end with a Scoutbook error and me not knowing what succeeded and what failed. I have offered in the past but will reiterate, if there is a need for developers than there are plenty of volunteers to help. Scoutbook is a great project, and just needs some help

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.