Scout created himself as a Parent account thus preventing actual Scout invite

Parent BSA ID 13771542 user ID 11768907 (account all good and connected)
Scout’s real BSA ID 130097685 user ID 8776781 (no username/password yet)

Scout created himself as a parent account BSA ID 13767002 user ID 11760907 and connected to himself thus preventing the real Parent from inviting Scout to create a Scout account tied to his Scout ID. The BSA ID 13767002 user ID 11760907 needs to be deleted because it is associated with the Scout’s email address, so the real parent can’t invite him and gets an error message that the email is already in use.

1 Like

this is resolved - would like to know how he did this?

Ok, thanks. Give me a day or so to find out. Took me a while on the phone with the parent to even realize what had been done.

The Parent sent the invite again and Scout received, then immediately tried to log in with his email address and the invite generated password and it gives him invalid login information message. So he tried using the old password with his email and it logged into SB; however, it is not associated with the Troop and his My Dashboard only says connect a parent. It also appear that he is seeing the same old BSA ID 13767002 in his profile and it created a new user ID for him, so it does not look like the old account was deleted. The email still wants to connect him to that old account preventing him from connecting as a Scout to his real BSA ID.

Can you tell me the username associated with user ID 8776781 or email it directly to the Scout. That is probably what he really needs and then he can change his email, but his email will still need to be removed from the old account before he can use it again.

The email is the user name - I think I have it fixed now

Donovan - I don’t know what to do at this point. I had the Scout tonight use the Forgot Password? link and it emails him a temporary passcode. When he tries to use that code immediately it tells him it is invalid. He tried again and same error. I then told him I was going to simulate using his email on my end, so I could confirm. I did the forgot password and he forwarded me the password email, which I cut and pasted. It gave the same error message and now said his account is locked. I am at a loss for what to do now. Can you simulate his email login, set his password and test his account to get it working again, then hand it over to him on a silver platter? The kid is 14 and his mother is not tech savvy, so we have exhausted them as well. Please advise. Thanks, Michael

@Michael_DeMarcay I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.