Scout has Scoutbook profile as both an adult and youth

I have a scout that was originally entered into Scoutbook by his mother who accidentally put her own birthdate on the profile which. This same scout also has a youth profile that we created which has the same birth date. They both have the same correct BSA ID #.

When I look in the Member app in My Scouting he shows up as a youth member with the correct birthdate and ID #.

We are unable to delete the adult profile so there is only a single correct profile.

Any ideas of how to get this corrected?

Scott Sonntag
Scoutmaster Troop 810

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

I have a SM who has a similar issue with a duplicate account. How can he remove the undesired account?

well a unit admin can put an end date on the position or SUAC can help sort out the issue

It is a youth within his troop that has two accounts, not he himself.

well first thing there is to go to my.scouting.org and look at member manager to get the Scouts BSA # - then look at the profiles in Scoutbook to find the match. You can have the SM or other unit leader post in forums for help

A duplicate account was set up for a scout in our troop.

, BSA# 136375557, Troop 370 and council 585 (ETAC).

There are 2 accounts that need to be merged.

Thanks,
Mike Shaw, Scoumaster

@MikeinTyler it looks like all the advancements are identical

They are merged - might take overnight for all actions to take place

Is it possible to delete one? I was hoping that merging meant the two would become one. Now I have two identical scout accounts for the same kid.

@MikeinTyler it is just 2 instances of the same scout - one in unit, one in patrol, let me see if I can figure out which is which

@MikeinTyler you can probably deal with this easier than me - go to Scouts page and click Membership. Put an end date on the membership that is JUST the troop, leave the patrol one.

I selected the one that was not in a patrol and ended the membership on the date that you merged. Now I’m not connected to him at all. He’s not in his patrol as an active member anymore. I’m very worried this whole thing is very messed up. Is there anyway you can fix this?

Scout is still in unit - Go to Unit Roster > Click your Name > Click Admin > Click Update > see if that solves it - otherwise I can get in

That did the trick. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.