Scout is missing from my SB oster

I have a scuot who is missing from my scoutbook roster. I checked with my council registrar, and she swears that the scout is registered with our troop in the national database. She recommended that I post this issue here in SB.

I would start by having one of the unit’s Key 3 (Scoutmaster, Committee Chair, or Chartered Org. Rep.) log in at my.scouting.org and see if the Scout shows up on the troop’s Member Manager roster. The Scout should show up on your Scoutbook roster the day after the Scout shows up on the Member Manager roster.

Are you a unit admin?

I am the unit admin for scoutbook. The scout is listed in my.scouting.org. He has been listed there for a while. He is just not present on the scoutbook roster, and therefore I can not enter in any advancement for him.

you are going to have to send email to scoutbook.support@scouting.org - include your unit info (number, district, Council) the effected Scout with the Scout# from My.scouting if you can get that.

when you send the email you will get a response back with a # (ex. SSD-67000) - share that number here when you get it

You could also try going to:

My Dashboard → Administration → My Account → My Connections

to see if the Scout is listed there. If so, then you can click on the Scout’s name, then Scout’s Membership and move the Scout into your unit.

If the Scout is not listed there, then you have to send the e-mail to Scoutbook support as @DonovanMcNeil recommended.

I’ll shoot the e-mail out. The scout is in my connections, but when I click on him, rather than opening up his profile, it just boots me to my dashboard.

OK, try this:

Go to your Pack Roster / Troop Roster page (I’m not sure what type of unit), click on your name, then click on your Pack Admin / Troop Admin position and Update. This should reset your Admin connection to all Scouts in the unit.

Danny,

How tech savvy is the scout’s parent? Do you know if the parent is connected to the scout? Could you talk them through adding you as a unit leader connection to the scout’s account?

That said, it may be easiest to reach out to scoutbook support.

The update didn’t change anything, and SB shows me as connected to him (me as leader, him as scout). It just glitches when I click on him. Via the connection page, it shows him as in my unit, but it doesn’t list him from our view. I’ll pass on what SB support says.

Scoutbook Support Incident SSD-67630

Its all fixed. They had to reset the connection so that it would work. Once that was done, I was able to add his Membership to the unit for him to appear. Thanks SB staff