Scout is showing in Internet Advancement but NOT Scoutbook?

Hello all!

Just out of curiosity, why would a scout that has been with the unit for 18 months all of a sudden just show up in Internet Advancement but NOT Scoutbook? The scout was in Scoutbook yesterday, but today… nothing.

For the record, we only use Scoutbook for rank, merit badges, and awards. The only time I have to go into Internet Advancement is to enter in the scout’s hiking, camping, and service hours. I just wanted to throw that out there as I have seen topics talking about not using both simultaneously.

Also, we noticed that this same scout was dual registered with another troop in our council for almost 2 months. Could I have caught the in between where the scout has possibly transferred and the two systems haven’t synced yet?

Thank you for your help!

@CrystalWorsham

Post the Scout’s BSA Member ID (no names) and we will investigate.

13386629 is the scout id number

Thank you for your help.

This Scout is dual registered in Troop 1 and Troop 8 in your Council. It looks like a leader in Troop 8 ended her membership in Troop 1.

I have initiated a position sync so the Scout should return to your troop in Scoutbook after 4:00 PM Central today.

I recommend working with the leaders of the other troop so that things like this do not happen again.

If I had not found it, would the scout had ended up falling off Internet Advancement today? If the Scout wishes to transfer, I do not want to block their intent. Could we sync it to put the scout in Troop 8’s Internet Advancement?

Please forgive me as I do not know how all that works.

Thank you

@CrystalWorsham

The Scout is currently registered in both units so she should be appearing on the roster of each unit. If she wishes to transfer, the Council registrar can update her registration to only be in the single unit. This will remove her from the Scoubook and Internet Advancement rosters for the unit she has left.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.