Scout Leader Has 2 Accounts in Scoutbook

I have a Scout Leader in our Pack that somehow has 2 accounts in Scoutbook and it is messing all of his settings up. Is there a way to merge the two accounts?

if you go to each accounts edit profile - you can post the Scoutbook User #'s here and we can take a look at merging them

I have this exact problem….BSA ID # 13577408

The correct Scoutbook Account User ID: 10937563
The Incorrect Scoutbook Account User ID: 11701280

Can these userids be merged? Once I updated the incorrect User ID with an email, joe_small@icloud.com I thought it would let me delete the profile, but no dice.

Thanks,
Joe Small

@LouisSmall this is fixed

Thank you so much…everything looks correct.

I have this exact problem….BSA ID # 137057816

The correct Scoutbook Account User ID: 535375
The Incorrect Scoutbook Account User ID: 11614446

It’s not showing my registered Merit Badges. Seems the old account was converted at re-charter. Can these userids be merged? Once I updated the incorrect User ID with an email, usmclifescouter@gmail.com I thought it would let me delete the profile, but no dice.

Gratefully appreciated,
Earl Jackson

I’m not sure what you mean by “converted”. In order to show the MBC registration, your council has to associate it with your BSA ID either in ScoutNet (or its replacement) or by uploading a list of MBCs and their approved merit badges to Scoutbook. It’s possible that they are associated with the wrong BSA ID, or they were just dropped unintentionally, as has happened to a couple of folks (including me) due to occasional data entry errors.

Thank you, Sir. I am not sure either, this is my assumption. No one knows anymore. My account worked just fine before the 2021 year. I will send your suggestion to our registrar and communications team.

@EarlJackson yes you had 4 different User IDs - they are all merged now

How strange. Thank you, Mr. McNeil….

UserID 11859186 and UserID 8515186
Thank You for your help in resolving this issue.

@BonnieBrenner This adult leader’s multiple Scoutbook accounts have been merged. He should log in with his my.scouting username and password.

I too have an adult leader with two BSA #s. Please merge them: #121023859 and #13135941.

SUAC cannot merge BSA #'s - we can merge Scoutbook Users - that is Different

If you have 2 BSA #'s sometimes councils can solve it or log into my.scouting.org > click Menu top left > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY > Then go to Scoutbook.com and log in using your my.scouting.org credentials

@DOUGLASHEALY those SB Users are fixed

Much appreciated! I miss-used terms, and did have the adult Manage his two Member IDs on my.scouting.org. Hopefully fixing his two SB User accounts will resolve the issue for him. Again, thank you!

I have the same issue. I think the leader has a left over account from being a scout several years ago.
BSA # 113196630 with user ID 271107 (Troop 26) old Troop
BSA # 13595854 with user ID 11420047 (Troop 180) current Troop
He can’t update his email in the current one because it says it is tied to another account, but the old account does not allow us to change the email.
Can these be merged? or the new ID be made the primary?

@KevinFields this is fixed

1 Like

Thank you Donovan.

I also have one I think just needs to be deleted. It shows BSA # 13296181 with User ID 9994082. It is listed as a “scout account”
It appears to be some weird combination of mine and my sons. We both have other accounts we use that are fine. It shows in our troop roster and i can’t delete it.

@KevinFields that is also dealt with