Scout Missing from Troop Roster in Scoutbook

@ErinPerry_Schreier - if it could be of assistance to you I would like to setup a screen share tomorrow between 9am and 5pm. If that sounds good please email me at shornak@bloomberg.net and we can take a look.

Did he ever fill out a youth application to transfer into the troop? Was he in your recharter?

We have had this problem with scouts who join other units as their “primary” unit by accident, such as an older scout joining Venturing.

Did your missing scout recently join a Crew/Venturing Unit, or any other unit?

Thanks @Stephen_Hornak for the save, and everyone else for the help! I’m still not sure what happened, but the Scout was located and added back into our roster. :slight_smile:

While reorganizing patrols on Scoutbook, one of the scouts dropped off. I have the correct information (BSA # etc…)

but cannot pull him back into the Troop. Please help.

@MarkClingan - could you go to your account then your connections and see if the scout is there. If so click on the name then membership and make sure you have a current membership in your unit.

Stephan,
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately no, Chett is not on the list under connections. As you can see from the previous attachment, the District shows Chett in their system with all of his achievements. How else can I pull his account?
Thank you and Semper Fi,

Mark Clingan

@MarkClingan - did you look at your account from Dashboard >> MY Account >> My Connections. In moving scouts around in patrols the connection you had would be retained but the membership may have been ended or dis-approved.

@MarkClingan,

The parents should still have a connection to the scout. They can “correct” his membership and put him back into the unit. Then, you just need to confirm his membership in the correct patrol.

If you look on the official roster at my.scouting, does the BSA ID there match the one you’re using to look up your missing scout? If it’s the same, and the parent(s) can’t get him transferred back in, you may have to reach out to scoutbook.support@scouting.org to have him reattached to the unit. They will need his BSA ID, full name, birth date, council so they can confirm they found the correct scout.

Stephan,

Thank you. I checked and no joy. District can see him on their database, but I still can’t pull him. Any other ideas?

Mark Clingan

@MarkClingan - perhaps another set of eyes on this may help. I can set up a screen share at 7pm EST if you wish. Email me at sjhjr@comcast.net if that could work.

Sorry, being on the other side of the globe I am at work right now. I could do 7pm tomorrow, but I know you might have better things to do on a Friday evening.

Colonel Mark H. Clingan, USMC
Assistant Division Commander
3d Marine Division
DSN: 315-622-9557
Cell: 080-1385-7175

@MarkClingan - I have no issue assisting at a time that works for you. It should hopefully not take long to examine it.

That would be great. How do we go about doing that?

@MarkClingan - I will send you a link and we will work from there.

Sounds great. We can go earlier (now)…

@MarkClingan - you can send me an email at sjhjr@comcast.net and I can then send you the link. I will be running the share from work so give me about an hour to get there an dc set up.

Sounds great, thanks

Update - the scout in question does show up in IA2.0 but not on the scoutbook roster. Not shown in user connections nor is the show shown to any other unit admin. The user will enter helpdesk ticket.

1 Like

Mark,

Please post the SSD number that is returned in the subject of one of the automated e-mails you will receive from Member Care.