Scout Profile Editing Changed

In the past, parents logged into Scoutbook could click on their Scout’s name and then select Edit Profile. This brought them to a page on Scoutbook where they - and only they - could add the youth’s email address and invite him/her to connect on Scoutbook. Scoutbook would then email the Scout so s/he could create a password.

Why did that change? And how can parents get their kids on Scoutbook?
Today, Edit Profile leads a parent to Internet Advancement. My own sons have been in Scoutbook for a few years with their own emails that I entered onto their profiles. But, when I was brought to Internet Advancement to troubleshoot this issue for a new parent/Scout, I noticed my sons’ “Primary Email” listed on Internet Advancement was mine/my husband’s. Luckily they are sending/receiving Scoutbook messages just as before.

But how do I help new Scouts (and their parents) get connected on Scoutbook? This was not an issue 2 months ago when some of our newly bridged Scouts’ parents set them up.

Thanks much for your help.

YIS,
sp

It is now under edit extension information

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.