Scout suddenly stopped getting emails

I am not sure what to say. I guess point me to where you think the problem is. Nothing it getting blocked by ISP or firewall, we know this because the domain comes through just fine to Mom and I. There are no filters set up, I am in his Gmail right now. There is nothing in his spam box, I have checked. There is nothing in his All Mail, I have checked.

It is near impossible to participate in scouts without access to SB, BSA has ensured this. It is not working. The solution seems to be to throw up our hands and blame the other end of things.

I am genuinely curious where you think the problem is on our end. If there is another thing to check I will check it.

Here’s a question. Do you get forum notifications at the same email address that you aren’t getting scoutbook messages?

Yes, this is his account and all of the replies here have gone to his gmail account.

Those come from scouting@discoursemail.com, not scouting.org.

It’s sending to the same email address, thus proving that there isn’t something inherently wrong with the way the bsa is storing his email address (such as a non-displayed character). When you send a message to him and others, his correct email address appears in the to line. It’s not looking like something on the BSA end.

Is he using webmail or another mail client to access it?

Lets take this to a private message to get more detailed info - @RamseyHollander look for a green dot on the top right Avatar

I am logging into his Gmail at mail.google.com like we have always done. Tried from multiple computers and multiple networks, including just a cell connection with no firewall at all.

Again, no filters, not in spam, not in All Mail. They just stopped coming. He has an alternate email I could change his email to to try that but I can’t get the verification code to even change that.

I realize the easy button is to blame some other system but literally nothing changed and there is no reason he should not be getting these.I am all ears to try something else.

The is no obvious reason, but many systems, like google, have a spam filter where much of the spam doesn’t even hit your spam folder.

@DonovanMcNeil is taking this offline, but I would try a new, temporary gmail account to troubleshoot.

I can’t change the email address because I can’t get the verification code to change it.

@RamseyHollander Are you trying to change the e-mail at my.scouting using the “Betty” chatbot?

1 Like

No, I am trying to change it in Scoutbook. I am logging into my son’s account (this account) and going to the Email section under his profile. It says it is sending a verification email, which I obviously can’t get.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.