Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Scout transferred from another pack keeps getting dropped on Scoutbook.com

A new scout joined our pack this past year after being in a different pack previously. He was setup in our pack’s Scoutbook, but then he mysteriously would get removed. I believe the first few times this happened someone from the support team added the scout back, but he would then get removed, with what seemed randomly. This cycle has repeated itself many times. Today, I used the “Transfer In Scout” to add him, but not sure if this will fix the issue of randomly getting dropped from Scoutbook. Are there steps that should be taken for transferring in new scouts from existing councils? Does the scout need to be removed from the previous pack before being added to the new pack? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, one thing I noticed in Scoutbook with this scout is he is missing the icon next to his name that reads “Advancement is synced with BSA national database”. What would be the reason this property is missing? Not sure if this has anything to do with him continuously getting dropped.

-Rob

Has the scout filled in a transfer application? Can someone check your my.scouting member manager roster to see if the scout shows up there with the same exact spelling for first and last name, date of birth, and bsa member number?

There is an automatic process that will drop a Scout if the Scout is not officially registered with your unit within 90 days. As @jacobfetzer mentioned, one of your pack’s Key 3 (Cubmaster, Committee Chair, or Chartered Org. Rep.) or a Key 3 Delegate can use the Member Manager at my.scouting.org to check and see if the Scout is officially registered with your pack.

They can also use the Member Manager to double-check that the Scout’s full name, DOB, and BSA member number match exactly with what is in Scoutbook. It’s also a good idea to check the Scout’s city, state, zip code, district, and council settings on the Edit Profile page in Scoutbook.

If the Scout shows up on the pack’s Member Manager roster and everything matches, then go to the Scout’s Membership page, click on his current membership with the den/pack, check the box next to Position Approved, and then Update. Wait a few minutes and then go back to the Scout’s main page to see if the yellow bar (“Scout has not been matched with a Scout in your Units official roster. Please check with your council.”) has disappeared.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.