Scout with Duplicate Accounts; Password Reset Not Working

We have another scout with duplicate accounts. He tried to reset the password, but the email with reset instructions never arrived. Please merge his duplicate accounts:
BSA ID: 134146594 (one we want to keep)
BSA ID: 14059828 (duplicate we want to get rid of)
The last name might be different on the 2 accounts as he has 2 he goes by. 2 different first names as well.
Once accounts are merged, how does he reset his password if the reset email never arrives?
Thanks, Tanya

@TanyaSteinhofer this scout has Sign in with Apple turned on - that is how the Scout signs in

Does this mean his Apple ID and PW work for that duplicate SB account? We still need to merge his 2 accounts. Are you able to do this? Also, is it true that the PW reset link doesn’t work? That’s what our council just told me. What’s the alternative for people who have forgotten their PW? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 1.13.50 PM

It means Scout needs to click the Black Sign in with Apple

the accounts are merged

Thanks! I’ll let them know. Is it true that the Forgot Password link doesn’t work to reset a PW? That’s what my Council told me.

It works fine - unless you have Google or Apple turned on as that is a totally different verification system.

If they have sign in with Apple / sign in with Google enabled, then reset password does not work, (because the BSA cannot reset an external Apple or Google password).

If others need to reset a password, they should go to my.scouting and use the chatbot (“Betty”) to reset the password. The chatbot can be found on the lower right side of the log in screen.

Thanks! Should we encourage people to not use Google or Apple for login or is that ok?

It works fine as long as people remember they set it up

1 Like

I found another scout with duplicate accounts. Please merge the following:
BSA ID: 135948430 (one we’d like to keep)
BSA ID: 135991604 (duplicate we’d like to get rid of)
Thanks! Tanya

@TanyaSteinhofer This is fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.