Scout with linked google account can't log in

My scout has a google account as the login and is unable to login. When they attempt to login it just sits there spinning. How can this be fixed?

BSA ID: 137090816
User ID: 9896355

Thanks,
Justin

Are they clicking the “Log in with Google” link?

@JustinDietrich Which e-mail is supposed to be on the Scout’s account? Yours? Or the Scout’s e-mail?

Yes they are clicking on the Sign in with Google. When they do that it just spins and never logs in.

The e-mail on the ID that I provided should be the scouts e-mail.

Thanks,
Justin

@JustinDietrich

We have seen this problem fixed by holding the shift key and clicking the browser’s Refresh icon. If that doesn’t work, try an incognito or private window as there may be a cache or cookie issue.

I will have them try that this evening. How do you clear the cache on the iOS Scoutbook App?

Thanks,
Justin

Is it a saved link to the Scoutbook website (https://scoutbook.scouting.org) via Safari, or are you talking about the action iOS Scouting app?

The issue with the web appears to have been fixed when the e-mail address was corrected. They can both login and receive e-mails. Thanks

For the android scouting app is there a way to login using a google account? there does not seem to be a button on the main screen. The workaround is to login using chrome on the phone.

Thanks,
Justin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.