Scoutbook Connection Permission

Scoutbook is not allowing me Den Leader and Pack Admin to; update, add, input any awards, adventures or activites for the my assigned den. Each of my Wolves profile pages displays in upper left corner 2 little green boxes “View Advancement” and “View Profile”. While my 2 children profile pages remain “Full Control”. Each of the Wolves profiles were all full control until early this week. I thought it could be my training which all appears to be valid and up to date.

I suspect it is recharter related, because your pack’s recharter has not been processed yet.

You can try re-setting your Pack Admin role in Scoutbook. To do this:

1. Go to your Pack Roster page in Scoutbook.
  2. Click on your name.
  3. Click on your Pack Admin role.
  4. Make sure the box is checked next to “Position Approved”.
  5. Click Update to save,

Then log out of Scoutbook, and log back in. If this doesn’t work, you might need one of your pack’s Key 3 to re-set your Pack Admin role using the above process.

Jennifer
THX

Unable to click my name it does not highlight to allow a click.

Adam SteinDen Admin keyUnit Admin key position approved
Den Admin Wolf Den 8, Pack Admin, Den Leader Wolf Den 8

| Jennifer Olinger JenniferOlinger Scoutbook User Advisory Council
January 27 |

• | - |

I suspect it is recharter related, because your pack’s recharter has not been processed yet.

2. Click on your name.
  5. Click Update to save,

Then log out of Scoutbook, and log back in. If this doesn’t work, you might need one of your pack’s Key 3 to re-set your Pack Admin role using the above process.

oK THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!!

@ADAMSTEIN Is one of your pack’s Key 3 (Cubmaster, Committee Chair, or Chartered Org. Rep.) able to re-set your Pack Admin role in Scoutbook?

I am asking them to reset as advised.

1 Like

Jennifer
One more question…
My son Marshall’s (BSA# 13474429) parents & guardians are listed wrong. Sarah Rogers Spalding is the mother of another Wolf (Cooper Spalding) in my Wolf Den. Can her connection be removed from Marshall’s profile? Terryann Stein is the mother of Marshall and should remain.

NAME:
Marshall Stein
DEN:
Wolf Den 8
CURRENT RANK:
Tiger
WOLF BADGE:
[

](Scoutbook)83%
ADVENTURES:
PARENTS / GUARDIANS:

Adam Stein

Sarah Rogers Spaulding

Terryann Stein

| Jennifer Olinger JenniferOlinger Scoutbook User Advisory Council
January 27 |

• | - |

2. Click on your name.
  5. Click Update to save,

@ADAMSTEIN Please contact your local council for assistance with the incorrect parent / guardian connection.

I believe a parent can remove their connection to their scout. In your case, the parent connected to the wrong scout should be able to remove their connection.

An adult can see their connections at Scoutbook > My Dashboard > Administration > My Account > My Connections. Clicking on the scout will take you to the scout’s account. In your case of being a parent, the scout will also show under Administration > My Family. Once on the scouts’ account, click the scout’s connections, click the adult name, remove the parent connection by removing the check mark in the parent box, and click update.

Cannot be removed that way. It is unable to be toggled to the “unchecked” status.
Adam

That’s interesting. I was mistakenly added to a scout a couple of years ago as a parent, and I was able to disconnect just fine. The toggle wasn’t disabled. Must have been a change since then.

ETA:. Actually, I just checked and my connection to my son is not grayed-out when I check from my account.

What do you mean the toggle can’t be changed to the unchecked status? I got mine there just fine. Does it reset itself?

@ADAMSTEIN - that additional parent would need to follow the process to self remove

Only a parent can remove their own connection. Council staff with access to the Scoutbook VST tools can remove any parent connection.

1 Like

The person I’m trying to remove is not the parent or guardian. It is another Scouts parent, my Scout has both parents listed plus an additional.

We understand, but she is listed as the parent, and she can remove herself as a parent. You cannot remove her. The only other option is to have your council do it.

@ADAMSTEIN - either council or Sarah can remove the connection

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.