Scoutbook Profile for Scout and Parent switched

Hello. I have a Life Scout trying to fill in his info but somehow linked to his mom’s account. The dad can log in and see. This is what they sent me today in an email. Is there someway you can go in and set it back please to the parent? And how do we fix the Scout’s access too? I have screenshots if I can attach them and can provide the BSA ID #. Thank you!

After we talked last night we were all set but when Reynold and I went in to scoutbook today to fill in the info it had put Reynold at zero advancement (attached screen cap), and removed the advancement menu option (attached screen cap) to get to the items he needs to input. It also removed Karen’s name as parent and put Reynolds in (probably because we updated Reynold’s account to his information last night, I think somehow Reynold’s login is tied to Karen’s parent account for some reason?). I was able to access his profile and toggle the button for advancement back on and hit update (attached screen cap) and it did return “Update successful” but even after logging out and back in the button is still toggled in the off position and the advancement menu item is still missing.

just type the BSA #s and we can look - AND if you have any idea how it happened that would be good

Thank you Donovan!

@TaiChang I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

@TaiChang what do you mean here? how did you “update”

Oh I’m not sure - again if you read the dad’s email?

Sorry to bother you again but we have run into some additional problems with Scoutbook I’m hoping you might be able to help out with whenever you have a moment? After we talked last night we were all set but when Reynold and I went in to scoutbook today to fill in the info it had put Reynold at zero advancement (attached screen cap), and removed the advancement menu option (attached screen cap) to get to the items he needs to input. It also removed Karen’s name as parent and put Reynolds in (probably because we updated Reynold’s account to his information last night, I think somehow Reynold’s login is tied to Karen’s parent account for some reason?). I was able to access his profile and toggle the button for advancement back on and hit update (attached screen cap) and it did return “Update successful” but even after logging out and back in the button is still toggled in the off position and the advancement menu item is still missing. I

@TaiChang then please ask them what they mean and what they did

or post in the private message

can I upload screen shots? they sent me some

@TaiChang do it in the Private message

sorry how do I do a Private message

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.