Scoutbook questions

Hi Folks,
I am a Scoutmaster and have been using Scoutbook for several years. I have at least a couple of questions I cannot figure out.

1. How do I get rid of an old leader or administrator that has not been connected with us for years. There seems to be no way to delete people who are connected to our Scouts.
  2. What do I do with Scouts that have aged out? I don’t necessarily want to erase their info, but I also don’t want them or their parents to have access to our Troop site anymore. Do I just place them in an “inactive patrol” file?
  3. Why is it that when a parent changes their email address that I cannot change it in our system?
    Thanks!
    Mike
  1. Go to the Adult > go to positions > put an end date
  2. Go to Scout > go to membership > put an end date
  3. Users have to change their own emails

On Connections - once you have cleared the positions and memberships you can go to Unit Roster - at bottom there is a Clean Old Connections

1 Like
  1. How do I get rid of an old leader or administrator that has not been connected with us for years. There seems to be no way to delete people who are connected to our Scouts.

If they are still on your Troop Roster in Scoutbook, click on their name, then click on their position with your troop, and add a date ended to their position. Repeat if necessary for other positions / roles with the troop.

After you are finished removing them, you can use the Clean Old Connections button on the Troop Roster page to remove any connections that are no longer needed to the Scouts. (There is a similar “Clean Old Connections” button on each Scout’s Connections page and also on your own My Connections page.

1. What do I do with Scouts that have aged out? I don’t necessarily want to erase their info, but I also don’t want them or their parents to have access to our Troop site anymore. Do I just place them in an “inactive patrol” file?

If they have aged out, but are still on your official roster, you can put them in an inactive patrol until recharter time. Or you can put an end date on their membership with the troop by going to their Scout’s Membership page. Before you end a Scout’s membership with the troop, I recommend using the Connections Manager to remove any connections that are no longer needed (except Admins and adults).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.