Scoutbook.scouting.org login hangs

I can log into my.scouting.org fine, but when I try to use the same login for scoutbook.scouting.org it seems to hang, and never complete login. The little blue wheel just keeps spinning. If I try a bad login it tells me immediately that it’s an invalid login, but when I use my scouting.org login it hangs and never completes.

often hitting refresh when wheel is going gets me past this

Unfortunately, if I hit the refresh button it just goes back to the login screen.

I’ve tried both firefox and chrome, and clearing history/cookies, but none of it has worked so far.

When I try my old scoutbook.com login it says please login with my.scouting.org login (the one that hangs).

Robert,

Try an incognito window to see if that helps.

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to help either. Still spinning after 5 minutes. Refresh just goes back to the login screen.

I am having exactly the same issue. Was it resolved for you? I have emailed support with no reply in over a week. I have also reset my my.scouting.org password as the help suggests and that did not change anything.

@CarolMoore were you able to successfully log into my.scouting.org? But then couldn’t log into scoutbook.scouting.org with the same credentials?

I’m having the exact same issue. I have two scouts that I’m attempting to get set up in Scoutbook but can’t get them logged in. They are both set up in Scouting.org, but Scoutbook won’t log them in. I’ve tried all the same work arounds listed above and can’t seem to find a work around.

James,

Post their BSA Member IDs (no names) and we will investigate.

13817226 and 13821832

@JamesSnyder It looks like both Scouts have a duplicate BSA member number with a different date of birth. Please contact your local council, and they can fix the dates of birth.

Thanks, must have been an entry error somewhere along the way.