Scoutbook update after recharter

At what point will the roster in scoutbook update after our most recent recharter? I had assumed it would happen as of January 1 since we are in the new year, but we still have a lot of scouts listed that were dropped when we turned in our recharter forms. Is there a specific date that they’ll dropautomatically? Or do I need to drop them manually?

@LonnaFrans - if you look in my.scouting.org in the unit under organizational security manager, what is the expiration date of the charter ?

I have not heard when the first of recharters will be processed this year, but it is never Jan 1. I believe it was around Jan 6 last year, but I might be off by a day or two.

The process is interesting. If one looks in the my.scouting app, you get a bit of a different view than on my.scouting.org. If you are the key 3, you can see all of the adults in your unit. In the app, it is just the adults and online it is both. Anyway, in the app you can see all of the registrations a person has, not just your unit. So, you can see if the person’s other unit and if they are a merit badge counselor. Today, everyone has no registration other than merit badge counselors. Online, they still show up as their normal roles. So, it seems to happen in phases.

I believe it really depends on your council. In my council, the recharter date for all units is 1/1, but as many units do not submit their paperwork until late December or even later, it can take some time for the council registrar to process them, especially since they have to do them all at once.

Given that there is a 60 day grace period (i.e. 3/1 for 12/31 recharters) before memberships are bounced, that ultimately ends up being the deadline registrars have to get everything processed… though most are done long before then.

Suffice it to say, if you’re like me, and got your charter in the day after Christmas, you probably won’t see it updated in my.scouting or Scout Book for a few weeks :wink:

In addition, if your charter has issues (e.g. adults with out of date YPT or missing background check forms), you’ll probably be at the end of the pile.

The SUAC has heard that the transition in that national systems to the new registration fee will not take affect until Jan 6. After that change is made, councils will be permitted to start processing recharters.

1 Like
  1. my.scouting tools end of year role expiration appear to have occurred on 1 Jan
  2. membership data changes started 3 Jan or earlier.
  3. in the training manager reports I am now (6 Jan 8:38pm PST) seeing both 2019 and 2020 adult member position records. For example for ID … 358:
    4 I assume the membership database change is suppose to occur before other database changes. December JTE reports are normally delayed an extra week. I am assuming the Scoutbook update member updates will happen before that happens.
  4. Per my.Scouting tools home page 3 January appears to have been an important membership application/renew deadline:

Unit Charter Update

National 12/13/2019

Online Applications that are pending for unit charters due to expire on 12/31/19 will be retired on 1/3/20. Please make your approvals and payments timely so that parents don’t have to reenter applications for 2020 membership but can simply renew on the charter. Unit Charter Update

National 12/13/2019

Online Applications that are pending for unit charters due to expire on 12/31/19 will be retired on 1/3/20. Please make your approvals and payments timely so that parents don’t have to reenter applications for 2020 membership but can simply renew on the charter.

We have a parent who tried to register after Jan 1, but beascout.org seems to have locked up and only shows 'Request more Info" rather than the application button. Our council told us we were rechartered. When I look in my.scouting.org’s Organization Manager, the Charter Certificate isn’t renewed yet either.

(1) are other units seeing the same problem with BeAScout?
(2) is it safe to assume it’s just a recharter-hitting-the-database-slowly problem? or did something else break in our settings?

thanks,
Curran

Yesterday afternoon was the first time any council should have been able to even start processing (finalizing) Charters. I doubt any are done yet. And that is if all the code got finished yesterday.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.