Scouts active in troop are not accessible in advancement program

This is the message we are getting and it is happening to multiple members.
Youth has created a new primary member ID which is active in another unit. Youth will remain on this roster until their council registrar completes their transfer process or their annual registration for this unit expires.
For whatever reason, the boys have different membership numbers in advancement from Scoutbook.

That is, more or less, how it works. Since Scouts can’t create their own login, I’m not sure how they would get a second unless they filled out a new app, not a transfer, and then their parent invited them to connect.

Talked to one of the dad’s, they have not gone to another troop. This has happened with more than 3 of our guys. I can’t enter camping nights, service hours, etc. haven’t ordered their awards yet but I am afraid theirs are not going to come up on the report. This has been over s month and these are some of our most active youth.

To get better help, you will need to break down your problem statements into one at a time. It will be hard to get them figured out as a jumble.

So, first problem statement is: “I can’t enter camping nights, service hours”. Work on this first. Have you done it before? Have you looked at the help documents? What is your registered position with the troop in my.scouting.org?

I am the admin. I am proficient at entering data for activities in Internet Advancement progrAm. I have no problem doing for the scouts who are on our roster and connected in Internet Advancement.

Since this appears to be an issue with advancements.scouting.org, it may be best to move the topic there. The scouts do however show up on the roster at my.scouting.org ?

They are in Scoutbook and I can see their names in Internet Advancement. There are just some that I can’t update in IA. Those have the message that I originally posted.

I had looked for that forum but couldn’t find it. How do I move this?

he forum admins should be able to move the topic over. It is a minor thing but just aligns the issue better with the topic category. Now, has anyone verified them in my.scouting.org in member manager ? Admittedly they may well show up fine there.

Moved to Internet Advancement forum

1 Like

Just checked. They do indeed show up in my.scouting member manager.

Also noted that the member number that shows up in IA is the same as Member Manager. Not the same as SB.

@RhondaHarvey - oh… so in scoutbook they have a different BSA-ID thank what the unit roster in MYST has ? That is a good item to investigate.

Rhonda,
This is a known issue and is being actively worked. We expect a universal fix early next week.

Ronda,
I sent you a message, click on your icon in the upper right then the envelope to see it.

Bill Nelson, Scoutbook User Advisory Council

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.