Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Several adults & youth, duplicates in some cases, were added to recharter roster and cannot be removed

These invalid records showed up Friday. Not sure if they were created automatically as a result of another fix? We didn’t add the at the unit level. :

Duplicate, but note the difference in position. USR is correct. One entry cannot be edited or removed.

Duplicate, but note the difference in position. USR is correct. One entry cannot be edited or removed.

Duplicate. One entry cannot be edited or removed.

Listed as new, but cannot be edited or removed.

This is the error seen if you attempt to do anything with the entries marked as “new”:

I’ve passed this on to the developers. I agree that it’s likely caused by the fix to another issue.

@jacobfetzer - I had dupes of two new Cubs that I had added in manually as existing. The recharter updated with them coming in as new, so I removed the manual adds I did and retained the ines marked new. I trust this is ok.

@Stephen_Hornak The records marked as new that you subsequently removed, were those the ones you manually added or the duplicates that the system brought back yesterday?

@jacobfetzer - I kept the ones marked new and removed my manual adds

@JoeMcKinley Does this workaround work for you?

No. In 3 of the 4 cases we are trying to remove the person from the recharter. In the final case, the entry is missing the recharter cost, and the entry cannot be edited.

@jacobfetzer - yes the new entries are at zero fee and can not be edited.

So, what’s the point of that? Is this going affect the Recharter when we submit?

Fee, or no fee, I don’t want to include some of these folks on my roster. Most of them were in the REMOVED MEMBERS. Suddenly duplicates (with “New!” icons) appeared in the TROOP ROSTER list again.

@ScottSaunders - I do not understand your anger toward me… I was just pointing out my finding on the *New adds… The add in were new applications to my unit so that is good, the lack of fee and edit is odd but I hope it rights itself.

No anger here. Sorry if it came across that way. I think we’re struggling to understand the same problem. My roster was 100% ready to submit. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a bunch of dups show up that I can’t get rid of. They are “no fee”, but most of them were folks I was planning to drop.

I have a unit that has 4 duplicate youth. They try to remove one of the duplicates and receive the same error message as mentioned. Also, none of them are meant to be prepaid, but all are showing as $0.
BSA ID# 135532973 (Has one showing as fee and one at $0)
BSA ID# 135532634
BSA ID# 135533010
BSA ID# 13953851(correct) with a duplicate showing 134132575 (former council)
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 12.08.35 PM

Was a solution ever found? I’m having the same issue. I can remove the instance with the $60 fee but the member needs to be charged for recharter so this really isn’t the solution. When I try to remove the duplicate entry with the $0 fee I get the same error message as Joe.

Our issue was resolved by requesting a “reset to zero” from our council. Previously I had tried “Reload Roster” many times, but the council has the ability to wipe the slate clean for you. Once they hit that button the roster re-imported into the Recharter tool without any of those annoying duplicates.

2 Likes

Resetting the recharter worked! 1 down, 4 to go!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.