Syncing Scoutbook with Troop Webhost

Hello - One of our adult leaders does the sync between Scoutbook and Troop Webhost. Since I’m not the one doing it, I’m not sure which direction these syncs go, but I’m guessing it’s from SB to Troop Webhost. For one of our Scouts (BSA ID 13882756), Geology MB (note that this was the Scout’s first MB ever), our adult leader got the following error message so had to add Geology to Troop Webhost manually:

The following scouts could not be identified. All information associated with these names was ignored.

I can see this Scout on both SB and Troop Webhost so this error message doesn’t make sense. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

@RajeshVasisht What is the Scout’s BSA member number? (No names, please)

@JenniferOlinger It’s 13882756

It is my understanding it goes the other way. Your primary entry is into Troop Webhost and then exported and then imported into Internet Advancement. Internet Advancement then writes to the same DB that Scoutbook reads from. So, then you will see it in Scoutbook.

So, it is the opposite of what you assumed.

Well we should all know what assume means

@RajeshVasisht It looks like the Scout has a duplicate Scoutbook account.

We can merge them, but individual requirements do not always merge.

Thanks @JenniferOlinger. Is the duplicate on my troop’s SB account? I only saw one account for this Scout. Where are you seeing the duplicate? I can ask our SM to see if one of them can be deleted (though I’m not yet sure how to do that in SB :slight_smile: )

Thank you again for your help with this!

@RajeshVasisht It looks like a duplicate was created when the Scout transferred from one council to another and registered with a slightly different name (one has middle name, one does not).

We will want to merge them – not delete them.

That makes sense to me @JenniferOlinger (to merge the accounts). But why am I not seeing the duplicate account on my Scoutbook?

@RajeshVasisht Because the duplicate does not have a current membership.

You should be able to see it if you go to (in Scoutbook):

My Dashboard → Administration → My Account → My Connections

1 Like

I see it now @JenniferOlinger. I’ll ask our SM what to do. Thanks for looking into this.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.