Timezone Incorrect on Scoutbook Calendar Subscription

Yep - that was the first thing I checked. There’s a screen capture in my first post at the top of the thread showing the setting. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

The screen shot is from your Mac. What I’m asking is if you checked the time zone in Scoutbook on your Edit Pack page.

1 Like

@Stephen_Hornak I’m going to try to subscribe with a couple of other devices and see if maybe you are right. I don’t understand how any clients could be presenting the data from our calendar subscription correctly though since the information being passed in the subscription data itself is wrong.

@edavignon The screenshot from SB was right above the screenshot from the Mac in my first post. Here it is again:

1 Like

@DanielSmith14 - here is my pack if you wish to try or you can look at scouting33.org as all three units have their g-cal with a scoutbook subscription to the url.


And the many but not all leads me away from the url as it would be universally wrong for everyone.

I agree on both fronts.
And thank you for sending that over - here’s the data from the test event you crated for 1am to 1am on 3/26:

DESCRIPTION:test\n\nFor more information please visit: Scoutbook

That event shows up perfectly on my account.
So it seems like it is something in how my entries are being written to SB in the first place. I might have to break out the developer tools and see if I can capture what I’m sending in the request to SB.

I just had another den leader create an event…and it showed up broken just like mine.
Now I’m just plain old confused. That makes me think that maybe it is something with our pack’s settings.
Going to try changing the TZ to something else and then changing it back. Hopefully that won’t mess anything else up.

Changed the pack TZ to UTC and saved.
Then changed it back to EST and saved.
Created a new event and had the same result.
Then I tried with a different browser…same result.
I’m headed to a different OS/computer next.

@DanielSmith14 what browser? I wonder if it is an extension you have on - try an incognito window

And this

Tried with Windows/Firefox.
Tried with Mac/Safari/Private.
Same result both times.

I’m stumped.
@Stephen_Hornak Reading through the thread you suggested now. Will report back if any of their suggestions fixes this.

@DanielSmith14 - what do you see if you check scouting33.org and click on each site and scroll to the calendar ?

For the Pack:

For the Troop:

Unless you guys are serious night-owls, I’d say I’m seeing it displayed incorrectly.

Interesting - when I view it in a private window, it shows up correctly.
Maybe getting closer…

@DanielSmith14 - well i support 2 data centers so i hardly sleep. So if you use an incognito browser how does it look ?

@DavidO - is seeing a similar thing with a logged in browser session. If i log into the browser to edit the page the times flip to 11pm for meetings. Kinda crazy… but in edit mode i do not look at the times

I thought I was there.
Since the times were correct in private browsing, I thought maybe I needed to expose my IP/location to get it to work correctly (thinking about this now, it makes no sense…) so I changed everything to allow google.com to see my real IP and check my location. Then I emptied my history and restarted my browser.
Now I can see your pack and troop calendars at the correct time.
I expect that had more to do with the cache clear and restart than the IP address (will verify that in a sec).
Unfortunately creating a new calendar event led to the same issue as before.
I may unsubscribe and resubscribe and see if that changes anything.

@DanielSmith14 - i am more than willing to help work through this but as you can see it is a convoluted mess with many moving parts

I think my issue is with the way Google Sites calendar gadget displays versus how the code embedded Google calendar displays.

My calendar gadget (the lower gray one) is showing correct, now that we’ve “sprung forward.” Now they’re showing the same. It was an hour off. I think the site calendar gadget view just doesn’t adjust for the time change. Kind of odd that it does in the embedded view, but not the gadget view.

I have a community ticket open with them. May have to jus move them all over to the code embedded ones. That would solve it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.