Training Codes SCO_400s (SCO_471 etc)

In my training it shows that I need “To Do” SCO_471, SCO_472, SCO_473, SCO_474, SCO_475, SCO_476, SCO_477, SCO_478, SCO_479, SCO_480, SCO_481, SCO_482, SCO_484, SCO_485, SCO_530. Yet I can’t find those courses to take, or figure out what they are. They are pretty much listed for all of our leaders. Any ideas?

not sure - https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/CurrentandPastTrainingCodes.pdf - here is the current list that I know of and those are not listed - what position?

https://i9peu1ikn3a16vg4e45rqi17-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Training_Course_Listing_06122020.xlsx not here either

It is all the Scoutmaster trainings - they are listed here

1 Like

The pdf Donovan linked has all of the codes and course names.

But if you log in at my.scouting.org, and then:

1. Click on the Menu button (upper left corner)
  2. Click on My Training
  3. Click on the Requirements tab

It should tell you the name of the courses that you need to take based on your registered position(s).

Alternatively, you can go to the BSA Learn Center, scroll down until you see “Scouts BSA Learning Plans - Select Your Positions”, and that should get you started.

2 Likes

Well I have taken all the courses offered under the training for Assistant Scoutmaster but when you do a pull for the unit to see who all is trained and who isn’t it says Im “trained” but then says I need to take those courses, but I can’t find them when I try to look them up. So are those the old numbers and they have changed?

2 Likes

You can’t find these on the training page to take.

1 Like

They are individual modules that are part of the “Scouts BSA - Scoutmaster Position Specific Training” for Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters.

For example:

SCO_472 - Aims and Methods of Scouts BSA

is one of the modules in the “Before First Meeting” training. You would find it by going to the BSA Learn Center:
Scroll down to Scouts BSA Learning Plans - Select Your Positions →
Scouts BSA - Scoutmaster Position Specific Training →
Visit →
Scouts BSA - Scoutmaster - Before First Meeting

Try going to the Training Manager, click on Add/Search → Search Training, then Filter By Adult Members. If you see a “Trained” patch next to your name, then you are trained. (Please note: YPT and SCO_800 Hazardous Weather Training both expire after 2 years and have to be retaken).

Many of the online courses were recently updated (August 2 or 3, I believe). Any leaders who were not completely “trained” in their registered position prior to the training update would need to start over.

@JonathanSmiley -

sm_asm

1 Like

I just want to highlight what @JenniferOlinger said as this is being overlooked.

It also looks like with the new iteration of the ScoutingU training center released in May, they seem to have hid the course numbers (the previous version you could match the individual courses as shown by @Stephen_Hornak in his screenshots to the numbers you have listed, i.e. “Scouting Organization” course ties to some SCO_xxx but it isn’t showing). I hope there is a fix to make this easier to reconcile reports other than logging into individual accounts and looking to see which courses are missed.

1 Like

The easiest way, IMO, is to go to my.scouting.org, then go to:

Menu → My Training → Requirements (tab)

Based on your registered position(s), you will see a Trained patch if you are “trained”. If you don’t see the Trained patch, then you will see the names of the courses that you need to take in order to become trained for your registered position(s).

Also, if SCO_800 expires (after 2 years), it needs to be retaken (required for direct contact leaders). Same with YPT, but for all leaders.

2 Likes

If you were previously fully Trained for you current position prior to the new courses. Then you are Trained. The new training course may hold updated information and you may learn something new.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.