Troopmaster desktop into Internet Advancement 2.0

There is no immediate plan to move everything from Troopmaster to Scoutbook. Keeping two systems has never been a problem until now. We keep troopmaster for the decades of records we have accumulated. For the reporting and for the automation of checks and balances. It appears I have lost the ability to upload the CSV file generated from Troopmaster to upload advancement.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I thank you in advance.

Internet Advancement now uses a TXT file to import data from 3rd party software. If you are using an old version of Troopmaster, you may need to upgrade to a later version in order to continue uploading data to Internet Advancement. Contact Troopmaster if you need help producing the TXT file.

Thank you edavignon for your response. I sent an email to troopmaster. I was thinking I could probably manipulate the data myself if I knew the format of the TXT file. Do you know where to get a copy of a sample TXT file that will upload to scoutbook to see if I can get this to work? We have 70 kids in our troop and entering rank data is tough enough but having to wait for the scoutbook site to refresh makes it longer.

Thanks again.

The TXT file format is not published. You will need to work with Troopmaster.

Why the secrecy. ? As it’s a txt file one can look at it easily enough and reverse engineer the layout.

It’s also copyrighted material, and up to the copyright owner on whether to release it or not, regardless of simplicity or complexity of the information in it.

not really secrecy it is just the sheer number of variables .

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.