Unable to Edit/Delete Personal Activities

@MartinVreeland

No one from BSA IT monitors the forums.

The SUAC has asked about the possibility of editing personal activities since they were moved from Scoutbook to IA. We have never been told when the BSA may work on this request. I know it is not the answer you wanted to hear but unfortunately this is all we know.

Maybe itā€™s time for the SUAC to ask againā€¦ With the exception of deleting an individual, the Key 3 should have access to update nearly everything for their unit in SB and IAā€¦

We have asked many times. BSA IT does not feel this is a priority and the SUAC asking again will not help.

At this point your best option to get this changed is to convince your council professional staff to open a ticket with BSA IT to have it fixed. Sometimes, when Councils ask for changes, they get bumped up on the priority list.

@edavignon - although the user said that it was an entry from a month ago.

@Stephen_Hornak

Understood. For some reason the BSA decided to code personal activities differently than unit activities. I can ask them to look into this difference but doubt there will be any movement in the immediate future.

@edavignon - ahā€¦ understood. In that case i would do the group event sans the scouts with the self event

@MartinVreeland

Can you provide the BSA Member ID of the Scout or some Scouts you are seeing this issue with?

The BSA # of the user trying to do it is more important to report

@DonovanMcNeil @edavignon @Stephen_Hornak
Thanks for your help. I am a Key 3, (Unit Leader), and even though the personal entries may be coded different, just giving the Key 3 the ability to delete, would be a great help. So even though a personal activity could not edited, it could be deleted and re-entered properly. My ID# 128845833. I was working on Scout ID# 128845848. Date of Camping Activity is July 2, 2022, and I created it about a month ago.

A work-around for NEW activities to be sure they are group activities is to select 2 names, create the activity, then delete the second name. Then you can add more people as needed later since it was created as a group activity. If you only select 1 name, it seems to automatically create it as a personal activity.

@MartinVreeland - yesā€¦ just one name be it scout or adult makes it a personal event.

But unfortunately, even the user who creates the event, is not able to edit or delete, thatā€™s bad coding.

Itā€™s the same issue with SB memberships. You originally were able to delete memberships, but now they are permanent. So I have numerous scouts with memberships that I revert to 0 days since they were not real; glitches during recharter, or patrol assignments, etc.

The inability to delete memberships was done on purpose. We had units deleting membership instead of ending them when a Scout left the unit. This caused issues with the Scoutā€™s records. It is more important to keep the Scoutā€™s records correct than to be able to delete memberships.

Totally understand and agree that there needs to be at least one membership maintained. But why not prevent the last membership from being deleted, so a scoutā€™s tenure is not littered with a bunch of empty/erroneous memberships. Or maybe change the coding so patrols are not new membership each time a scouts switches patrols? I donā€™t have any answers, and this is tangent to this thread, so no need to continue conversation here.

Not sure if the edit function for activity logs was resolved (7/23) but Iā€™m unable to view or edit the activity logs. Is there a fix I can implementā€¦is this user errorā€¦or an ongoing problem? When I run activity reports, I can see scout participation but am questioning some resultsā€¦which led me to look at the detail in the individual activities to try and troubleshootā€¦being unable to do that led me to this post.

This is a known issue that IT is looking into. Thanks for reporting it

Is there a timeline or ETA for a fix?

No timeline has been communicated, but this is a different issue than 2 years ago.