Unable to get Scouts

Hi I’m a new Den Leader - my son is a Wolf.

My credentials work for scoutbook.org online but keep getting this message on the app

I’ve tried signing in both using gmail and the bsa credentials.

@JohnMcCarthy1 - what happens if you log into scoutbook.scouting.org? I would use your my.scouting.org credentials. Additionally when you log into my.scouting.org what is shown for your registered positions? But do pist your BSA ID

Hi

I can login online to scouting.org like I have for this forum - it works with both my bsa credentials and through gmail.

Sorry you want me to post my BSA ID?

@JohnMcCarthy1 - I had asked what was listed for registered positions at my.scouting.org, and what do you see when you log into scoutbook.scouting.org ? And certainly please do post your BSA ID.

Beyond that, the scouting app is only for parents and their respective scouts.

@JohnMcCarthy1 In Scoutbook, if you go to:

My Dashboard → Administration → My Account → My Positions

What positions / roles do you see there?

2 Likes

@JenniferOlinger - thanks… appreciate the clarification and have a great weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Jennifer

I just added my role as Den Leader and as a committee member.

BSA ID is Mccart10

Thx

It sounds like you might be registered as a committee member, rather than as a den leader, or at least your change of registration hasn’t finished processing yet. You will need a Scoutbook unit admin (CM,C,COR are all admins by default) to approve your den leader position in Scoutbook and assign you to a den before you can see the scouts in the den for advancement purposes.

Your BSA ID is actually the number that’s listed either here at my.scouting.org:

or here at scoutbook.scouting.org:

Can you see your son when you look here at scoutbook.scouting.org?

1 Like

This is all great info - thanks.

Looks like I’ve got to get everything signed up with my Cubmaster.

But also, is all this required to get into the app?

The app only works for a parent-scout relationship. It doesn’t do anything for a leader to connect to scouts with whom they don’t have a parental relationship in the database. So, if you’re not seeing your scout in the location I noted at scoutbook.scouting.org, then you probably need to talk to your cubmaster or another unit admin to make sure that your parental relationship gets corrected in the database.

The fact that you’re getting an error in the app suggests that your login isn’t associated with your scout correctly. It could be that there’s a different BSA ID associated with your “parental” account than with your “leader” account.

Got it.

Thanks Charley

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.