Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Unable to import Troopmaster txt file into Internet Advancement

I tried importing the attached txt file and got this error message: Advancement import file must be a pipe-delimited text file.

I’ve done this before with no problems. So I’m not sure why I’m having difficulty now.

I exported the attached CVS file and then converted it into a txt file since SB only takes txt files.

OK - I deleted the file for PII - but if you look at it it is Comma delimited - it is the wrong file or TM changed something

the File name is COHExport - the File name HAS to start with “Import”

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you please provide steps on how to fix this the next time I need to import a file? Do I just rename the file so that it starts with import? What is the naming convention? What did you rename it to?

this is a BSA forum not a Troopmaster - I suggest you turn to them. We have no knowledge of that platform.

1 Like

@Kristina - I gather you have imported to IA2 recently ? Beyond that the issue is not a MYST one but rather use of Internet Advancement and should be moved there.

Not recently. I think the last time was late last year. Where there a lot of changes for IA2?

no changes to IA2 - I think you are pushing the wrong items in TM

Ok. I’m thinking that I can try to rename the file with “import” and see what happens.

that will not change a thing - the wrong data is in your file

http://www.troopmaster.com/scoutnet.html for the instructions

Thanks for your help. The problem was between the chair and they keyboard!

@Kristina - glad to hear that you were able to figure it out. I know for sure that I am often the root of my tech issues and I am a support tech… so how bad is that :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.