Unable to Reset Password

Hello,

I have a parent that keeps getting the following error when trying to reset password for Scoutbook.

“No accounts were found matching the information.”

I confirmed that the name and email are correct within Scoutbook for the parent.

Council: NCAC
Member ID: 13197268

I would appreciate any assistance.

@JohnCubbison have they tried resetting at my.scouting.org? They could use the BOT in bottom right corner - just type forgot password - it can also get them around the security questions

If the bot doesn’t work they will need to call the council to have the password reset.

Thank you for the quick response. I will relay the instructions to the parent.

Thank you for the reply. Just in case, exactly who would we need to contact at NCAC?

If you contact your local council service center, they should be able to direct you to someone who can help.

The BOT responded back with the response that unable to find the user…

Anything you can do or do I need to reach out to the Council?

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green envelope > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

Mr. Donovan,

Sorry to hijack this thread; I’m not so good with the forums.

I am with FEC, and have an important Scouter who we are trying to get registered here. It appears his current registration is with TAC, but he’s been in Taiwan for many years now. He can’t reset his password. Could you help get him transferred to FEC / password reset? He’s our EBoR chairman for one of our district regions, so it’s really important to us that he be registered.

Member ID: 118885641
username: (removed by Moderator)

Thank you and again sorry if I’ve posted this in the wrong place.

Chris

@ChrisShanghai I cannot transfer anyone - that MID is FEC - I see no registrations for this Scouter for 10 years - this person has NO current YPT so should not be involved - FEC can reset the password for login

Thank you Mr. McNeil, as always. I will contact our FEC registrar. Note an EBoR chair or member doesn’t need to have YPT, though we would like to bring him into the fold on that account and generally.

They are not a scouter if they aren’t registered in that their membership has lapsed. Just a normal citizen. The guide to advancement makes it clear that non-registered adults should be the exception and not the norm on BORs.

1 Like