Unable to save outing due to invalid location URL

I am attempting to add an outing for the first time, but it will not accept the following in the URL field: Google Maps

I have read other threads about this issue, but have not found what the resolution is. Is there a way to make this field not required?

For some reason, if I copy and paste the url into the field, I get the same result. But I found that the 1st character is a space character. When I removed that, it worked for me.

I have double checked spaces at the beginning and end, it still does not work.

Patrick,

Do you have the Feature Assistant extension? A recent change to Scoutbook broke the extension’s recurring event features and one side effect of the breakage is the URL error. If you disable the extension before editing an event it should save ok.

I hope to have a workaround in the extension so events can at least be saved, but the recurring feature is likely to be dead until there is a Scoutbook change.

I think I do have the extension for Chrome. How do I disable it?

Browse to chrome://extensions/, then slide the toggle to the left to turn off the extension. Force a reload of the Scoutbook window (Ctrl+R).

For Firefox (in case it matters) Ctrl+Shift+A, slide the toggle, force a reload.

Thank you, that did the trick.

1 Like

This is fixed in V0.45.0.23

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.