Same here for me…
User Id
BSA Member ID:

@AliceCourtland that is fixed

I am receiving the same message.

SB User ID:
BSA Member ID:

@MatthewHoward that is fixed

I have a parent who contacted me that their email was being used by another account and they could not log it. This was a new scout family. I believe I was in error as I created a new account for mom when it could not be found in the search feature. I removed mom’s email from the incorrect email and she was able to log in but is not connected to her scout. I cannot connect her.
Scout-SB User ID:12595860/BSA Member ID: 14438681
Mother that needs to be connected-BSA ID 14438673
Duplicate/Incorrect account that is currently connected-BSA ID14485970

@JenniferClark9 this is fixed - user has Sign on with Google turned on

My son is getting the same warning that another user is using his email address. I believe this happened when he tried to reset his password and made what appears to be a duplicate account. Thanks for your help.
BSA ID 14286548
User ID 12481608

@ShannonDeLong This should be fixed.

You will want to double-check his date of birth. It looks like your son created a second BSA member number in July when he created a new user name at my.scouting. He used a nickname instead of his first name, and the DOBs do not match.

Thank you. How do I fix his DOB? It is MM/16 not MM/19.

@ShannonDeLong If you contact your local council, they can fix it with their Registrar tools. We do not have the ability to change DOBs.

1 Like

@jenniferolinger thank you

1 Like

I signed up my youngest for Lions and now get this error. Used my already existant my.scouting login crendentials and not sure why a 5 year old would have been given my e-mail address but hoping to get it fixed.

BSA ID 13409979 and SB #myst 3563721

Thanks!!

Brian

1 Like

@BrianCuster There is an automated process that is putting parent e-mail addresses on youth Scoutbook userIDs.

I have removed it, but there is a good chance that it will return as soon as any change is made to your Lion Scout’s record.

That is incredibly disappointing to hear. Has a rationale been given for why it’s coded this way?

@CharleyHamilton I think it is a bug.

1 Like

That makes me feel better. “Automated process” got me thinking it was intentional. Apologies for the confusion.

Thank you Jennifer.

-Brian

1 Like
1 Like

I am seeing the same error now that my youngest joined cub scouts. I also think this form account is “connected” to my Google account, whereas the other isn’t. I can only tell by the profile picture. Does that make sense?

@ShannanCrider that is fixed