Warning another user using same email address

@AnthonyLe this is fixed

@CarolMarks this is fixed

@SarahByrne email is fixed - just put an end date on wrong pack

Thanks Donovan.

My son, Raphael Le got fixed too?

Thanks,

Tony

Hello. I am having the same issue, and I think it might be linked to the “sign in with Google” option I chose before I had a normal email login for Scoutbook. My correct info is:
SB User ID: 12742385
BSA Member ID: 14614481

@RonaldStamper so do you want the email login or the Google login - the system does not really like emails

I have a login using my email address for both Scoutbook and myScouting. I’d prefer to login directly with username/password and delete the Google option, if that won’t be a problem. Thanks.

@RonaldStamper that is fixed

@AnthonyLe Yes, your son’s Scoutbook account was also fixed.

I am also getting this error. I have two accounts with IDs 14496558 and 14566588 - one uses a password to login, and the other uses the same email address with a google login. How can I fix this? Only one of these has my scout’s info linked to it.

@DanielWillenbring ok the plain user name will survive - not the sign in with google

Thank you for your help. I am not sure if this is related to the duplicate accounts or not, but I’m only able to access some of my son’s pack events.

For example:
Screenshot from 2022-10-20 09-31-12

I can view the scouting for food one, but not the pack picnic. Clicking on that kicks me back to my main profile page. If the accounts thing will fix it, great, otherwise - how do I resolve that?

Your son might not be invited to the event

Thanks, will inquire about that. Guessing he was added to scoutbook after the event was created or something.

1 Like

I’m getting the same error after my son and I transferred to a new pack in a new council. I was the CubMaster/assistant cub master in our old pack, and I’m picking up a role as a STEM coordinator and den admin in the new pack.

Prior pack - 374 in Texas South west council

New pack - 478 in Riverhawk Council (Baltimore MD)

@AaronSevener THAT IS FIXED

For some reason, I still get the message that it is already in use…

@DaveFriederich It’s because your e-mail is on your son’s Scoutbook account again. We can remove it in Scoutbook, but it will likely come back again the next time your son’s record is updated.

Alternatively, we can use a Gmail trick with adding a plus sign to the e-mail (Use variations of your email address in one inbox), so that even if it comes back again in the future, it won’t bother you with the warning message. So it could look something like:

originalemailaddress+Scoutnickname@gmail.com

Edited to add: Or +1 could also work:

originalemailaddress+1@gmail.com

Same issue.

SB User ID:

BSA Member ID:

@La_ToyaJackson-Johns I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)