Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Will BSA IDs be required for Connected Parents come March 1st?

When an Administrator adds a Parent as a “Connection” to their child’s account in Scoutbook, will they be required to have a BSA ID come March 1st?

1 Like

No, parents will not need to have a BSA Member ID or be registered after March 1. The change is only to appear on the unit’s roster in Scoutbook.

One clarification - add the words “as a unit leader”. Adults connected to scouts appear next to the scout’s name, if the setting is set to show parents / guardians. This display is independent of whether the adult is a leader or not.

There are three parts to a unit - scouts, leaders, and parents/guardians. The part of My.Scouting that units can see shows registered scouts and registered leaders; parents don’t display for us. However, parents are in there somewhere, as a unit leader can’t use the new transfer tool if the scout does not have an attached adult.

Scoutbook allows a unit to track all three parts. The SB roster display shows leaders in a list and scouts in a list. When chosen, parents are shown in the scout list under their scout.

2 Likes

One follow-up to this question … I am trying to connect a scout to their parent that has a BSA ID and my.scouting.org login. (They sent me the registration email.) When I try to search for them in add connection, I can’t find them. Is there something I am doing wrong? Many thanks.

is the parent already connected to the youth as a leader?

No, not as a leader.

are they already connected in anyway?

No, not in any way. The father is connected, but not the mother. Different email addresses for both parents. (Having this issue for multiple parents.)

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.