Wrong scout listed in drop down menu

One of our scouts that is just finishing his Eagle project is not listed on the dopdown menu for our troop and it lists a different name (the youngest scout). It has the red circle saying he is connected. I checked and it has the right BSA ID. Can you help me. I have been trying everything with no luck.
Kindly,
Wendy Garff
Troop 1830 Advancement Coordinator

1 Like

The only situation that seems likely to me here is that someone has entered an end date for his membership and disconnected him from the troop. You can still get into his records through My Connections, but his name will not show up on the dropdown menu - instead, it will show the first scout in the first patrol on the roster, alphabetically by first name. But that also means he should not appear on any Troop or Patrol roster, either.

If this is the case, go into (Scout)'s Membership, click on the appropriate membership, and remove the end date.

If not, the only other thing I can think of is that if he shares the same last name with the scout who is showing up, maybe someone added a Nickname to the wrong scout - that can change how the first name shows up in the dropdown, but not the last name. Other than that, I’m stumped.

2 Likes

@WendyGarff - I got your email and sent a reply. I missed it as I had not checked my work email yesterday. If you wish to have another set of eyes on it today please email my home email account sjhjr@comcast.net and I can set up a screen share.

1 Like

@WendyGarff Try looking for the Scout by going to:

My Dashboard → Administration → My Account → My Connections

If you find the Scout there, click on the Scout’s name, then click on the [Scout]'s Membership, and add the Scout back to your troop.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.