YPT training completion not showing up

One of my MBC’s (BSA id 137223678) completed their YPT training in July, but they just got an email stating that Your membership with the Boy Scouts of America has been suspended, you may not participate in any Scouting activities until youth protection has been completed.

Their my.scouting YPT training page says they’re YPT is expired.

Yet when you click through to re-take the course it shows that they completed it this July.

I’m not sure how to proceed here.

For the 4 “sub sections”, do they each have the 7/18/22 completion date?

I don’t see a date on the individuals, just that they are 100%.

They are missing 3009 and 3010 - the second and third sections

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 12.28.32 PM

Is this something he could have determined by looking somewhere else? I don’t see those individual dates anywhere.

in my.scouting.org - my training - completions

If you are a Key 3, Key 3 Delegate or Training Chair, you should be able to pull the individual completions as well via the Training Manager Add/Search feature (in case the issue comes up again for another scouter).

1 Like

It looks like he has to retake the whole thing because just doing the two he didn’t do resets everything according to the popup.

Making this more prevalent on the actual training page would be very helpful.

Thanks for helping me figure this out!

no the individual dates hold - it just resets the progress in that instance of the program

Unit Commissioner access

My understanding is that the assigned unit commissioner has view-only access to the Training Manager tool.