Deleting and/or Merging Multiple Accounts

Currently I have 2 My.Scouting accounts. Is there a way to merge them or delete one? I have access to both member ID numbers (yes, I have multiple member ID numbers) so I can provide those if needed.

If they are with the same council, your council registrar is the place to start.

They are 2 different councils.

I think you can select your primary MemberID in your profile at my.scouting.org

log into my.scouting.org > click Menu top left > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY > Then go to Scoutbook.com and log in using your my.scouting.org credentials

So I have done that, however I still have 2 my.scouting accounts. Is there a way to delete / completely get rid of that second account?

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Samuel,

The SUAC does not have tools to delete my.scouting.org accounts. Check with your council to see if they can.

My.Scouting accounts can only be merged by Council if both of them have a primary BSA ID that is from their Council. Hint…you can do that part so they can see the my.scouting accounts

Presently if you have a membership in two councils, you will need to keep both MIDs and switch profiles back and forth as described above based on what you intend to do.

I have solved this issue. I ended up having to call National to receive assistance as the council was limited on their ability when it came to deleting accounts.

I currently have a transferring den leader leader who has 2 accounts and some of his course requirements are logged under one account and some are logged under the other causing me difficulty to accept him into my pack. Is there a way to merge these 2 together?

Member ID 12442009 both are the same,
Application ID 200570469 and 200570471

Thank you so much for any help that you are able to provide.
I have attempted multiple times to accept him into our pack however it keeps defaulting back to pending acceptance.

@TammieForbes not following what you are trying to say? That MID is a female not a male. Application IDs do not help us.

I have an adult member ID 12442099 transferring from another pack. Application manage shows TWO applications with SAME member ID, 2 separate application ID’s. I am unable to accept him–I attempt and the YPT changes to “never taken” and I can’t accept either application in the system.
He is showing up in Scoutbook now, but atill pending in application central

@TammieForbes is it the same council?

@TammieForbes Please work with your local council. This adult has 2 BSA member numbers in the same council with active registrations:

Thank you, I have forwarded this on.

I need to delete a shell account for a member that got transferred into our troop. the account to delete is 12585566 thanks! One used to be able to remove people easily in Scoutbook but now it seems it’s locked our and not available. This kind of stinks when scouts drop mid year they stay in email chains and parents get a bit annoyed with this.

@LeneWalters that is fixed - you really should never make fake accounts unless you use the exact data from the application so it all matches

Hi, for some reason I have two BSA ID #'s. I am taking over as Cubmaster, and it is causing chaos with recharter as my training isn’t synced with both ID’s. Is there a way to merge the two into one account? They are both in the same Council. The lady at Council just shrugged her shoulders when I asked about this. I tried searching on these forums for some guidance, so I hope I’m at the right place!

The account I use is: 137135299
The other account is: 137224815

Thank You,

Chris

@ChrisDaniels2 some council staff should be fired - log into my.scouting.org > click Menu top left > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY > Then go to Scoutbook.com and log in using your my.scouting.org credentials - you want Cubmaster as Primary - all training flows to the Primary one - if it fails tell us to look

1 Like