Duplicate Email - "another user is using the same e-mail address."

I’ve had this error for a little while now. I mentioned it to my committee chair and she mentioned that was a new error to her so I’m posting here. I’m able to log in to both accounts though I’m not sure how the two accounts were made.

I’m not sure which one is the “right” one.

SB User ID: 12578225 BSA Member ID: 2176618
SB User ID: 13017603 BSA Member ID: 14415463

I was involved in scouting as a youth years ago, so I don’t know if one of these is tied to my old records or not. I’m also a den leader so I don’t know if one has different permissions than the other.
Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to support finding a resolution.

@NickoBSA that is fixed - your user name log in remains - the email log in is retired

@DonovanMcNeil Thank you very much for the quick response and resolution.
Have a great rest of your week!

Donovan,
I am having a similar problem when I try to add an adult leader to our roster. She is a parent of one of our scouts. She is listed as a parent/guardian twice under her son’s account.
The first account is (removed by Moderator) - 13746822
The second account is (removed by Moderator) and lists the same email address, but when I click through to see her profile, I receive the following error message so I can’t obtain the BSA id associated with this account. “Error - Logged-in user does not have access to this API”

She is getting a “Another user is using the same email address” error on the 13746822 account.

When I try to add her as an adult leader, I get “No record found that satisfies the search criteria.”. I am not sure if these issues are related.

Michael Callas

@MichaelCallas that is fixed

I’m having the same problem with my account. Can you help me out? Thanks!

@SarahBelow

Your e-mail address was on your daughter’s Scoutbook account. I have removed it.

Thank you!! I appreciate it!

@DonovanMcNeil I am seeing a similar message — it looks like I have two logins and two IDs:

Member ID: 13338136

Member ID: 135191182

I’m not sure which should be considered the primary. Would you be able to merge the two?

Thanks!

@NoahSiegel

I see 2 my.scouting.org IDs for you, one with your e-mail address and one with the portion of your e-mail before the @.

It looks like you have not been a registered leader. One MID was created when you registered your Scout in Cub Scouts, the other when you created a 2nd my.scouting.org ID.

Have you recently submitted an adult application?

No I haven’t yet but I plan to soon. My son just crossed over to Boy Scouts and I was tracking down my YPT training status when I realized one of the accounts didn’t have any training on record. I’m not sure why the other one got created — I probably tried to log in using the wrong credentials and accidentally created a new account.

Should I submit an application first before resolving the multiple accounts?

No. I’ll fix your accounts then you can submit the app. Give me a few minutes.

@NoahSiegel

I have your accounts merged. Log in with the ID that is the portion of your e-mail address before the @.

Use MID 135191182 when you register.

Check your address in Scoutbook and update if necessary. If it is correct, just click Save on the profile page without making any changes to push your address to other systems.

I’ve achieved 2 scoutbook accounts. The first and oldest and the one I’d like to keep is 6446732 and the other is SB user id 6725544. Both log in with the same email

My son is associated with the newer account and needs to merge with me. His sb user id is 13078829. Please add his pack 114 affiliation to me.
My daughter is associated with the older accound and needs to stay there. Her sb user id is 13058170. And we are both affiliated with Troop 2119
My other son YG is not associated with either account and needs to be added. I have no idea if he has an sb user id or not—but he is affiliated with Troop 753 and is able to log into their troopwebhost portal.

I tried sending an email as a previous post suggested…and was redirected here where it seems others are having success.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thank you @edavignon! I updated my address and saved it.

It looks like my YPT training record didn’t make it through the migration, but it’s practically expired so I‘m due to retake it anyway.

Thanks!

Your YPT should migrate overnight. If it does not, please post again and we will look into it.

Thank you Donovan.
Michael

I’m getting the same message - “Warning, another user is using the same e-mail address.” I haven’t noticed this error before. It’s also telling me that I am SB user ID 1914528, and BSA Member ID:12618489. I don’t remember seeing a separate SB user ID before, and I don’t remember creating two accounts. Can you help?

Hi I now have 2 accounts in Scoutbook. This is a recent development.
the one below appears to be the ‘newer one’ as it has no profile pic.

SB User ID:

BSA Member ID:

I am unsure how to find the sb id that is the first one I had.
Thanks in advance for your help!

@AndreaDoerger You have a secondary BSA member number 136731942 with your Tiger Adult Partner registration. I would recommend contacting your local council and ask them if they can put your Adult Partner registration under your primary BSA member number.

You also have a Key 3 Delegate (K3D) functional role that you can end (at my.scouting), because you are registered in a Key 3 position in the same unit. The K3D functional role is basically a duplication of permissions that you already have due to your registered position.