Duplicate Email - "another user is using the same e-mail address."

I get that message about an account with another email also. I created an account and wasn’t sure how to link it so I messaged our troop. I had an old one I didn’t remember about. It had my old last name and address but dad’s email so they just updated that email to mine but I already created a new updated account so I unlinked the old one and linked the new one but now I get the message that there’s another account with the same email. Could anyone close my old account? SB# 8656016

@AmandaRogers3 that is fixed

1 Like

Thank you for your help!

I also found I have duplicate accounts. The most recent one is with member ID 140196554. It has the most current information and it’s the one I registered my son in scouts with. I know my username and password.

The other one I don’t have any idea what the member ID or login information is. I went through the process to recover the user name and it says it’s my full email but if I try entering it as such it says it’s too long for a username. And I tried multiple times to recover the password and it straight up won’t work. No matter the device or network I get endlessly spinning dots like it’s loading something. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

@ChrisanneBaker that is fixed

1 Like

@DonovanMcNeil Thank you! I was quite stumped, I really appreciate the help!

I have been getting the same message about someone else using my email address.
ID100234082
Jim Brown

@JamesBrown12

Your e-mail address in on both your’s and your wife’s accounts. It isn’t a problem but if you want the warning to go away, one of you needs to use a different address for Scoutbook.

Hi, I am new to Scoutbook and I am getting the warning that another user is also using the same email address. I currently log in with my username. I am part of Pack 14 in San Francisco.

Not sure if this is related, but I see myself listed as a leader for Pack 14, but it says Pending, and that I have not signed into Scoutbook yet which is incorrect. Unless I do have 2 accounts? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

@edavignon Can you help me as well? I’m getting a similar error for my Scoutbook/MyScouting.com accounts.

The two accounts are both associated with the same email address somehow, but have different member IDs. The first appears to have been created based on my own personal scout account from when I was a youth (member ID #8408464) and uses a Scouting.com login. The second appears to be an account i created when trying to sign my kids up for scouts last year and has a member ID #14657996 and appears to use the Scouting.com Google Account credentials to log in. I believe that’s part of the issue.

Hi! I have the same issue.

This is the account linked to Den leader title
SB: 11991235

BSA: 13949566

This is the other account that I need deleted.
SB: 11974715

BSA: 13935970

Thanks so much!

@joevlasak I fixed this for you in the other thread:

@SteveRehler I have merged your Scoutbook accounts.

• 140201486 - Has your adult leader registration.
  • 14657996 - Has your Lion Adult Partner registration and also your parent / child relationships.

I would recommend that you contact your local council and ask them to use the Registrar Tools to combine your registrations and your parent / child relationships under a single BSA member number. Otherwise, you might have issues at Recharter time.

@AmyWinterstein I have merged your Scoutbook accounts.

You also have 2 usernames at my.scouting. One has Apple sign in turned on. The other is an e-mail address. Which one would you like to keep?

My local council has told me that they don’t have the ability to merge these accounts. Any advice?

Not merge. They need to move your parent relationship and Lion partner off the one and onto the other.

1 Like

@JenniferOlinger can you help with this?

@MatthewGriger My apologies.

I found multiple BSA member numbers for you. 140188702 is your BSA member number associated with Circle Ten Council.

Please log in with your username (not your e-mail address) at my.scouting and double-check you mailing address.

I would recommend contacting your local council and ask them to use their Registrar Tools to look up your children. In the “Relationships” section, you should be listed there as parent with your BSA member number 140188702. It looks like you are connected to your daughter under a different BSA member number.

I have searched, but I cannot find Y.G. I do not think he is registered yet. TroopWebHost is a third-party system and is not affiliated with the BSA.

I am having the same issue as the other members with the error message. My ID is 13684384.

@StephenMiller10 that is fixed