Duplicate ID's

Thank you very much. My login via Google login button is fine.

@KevinCondon1

This is fixed. Use the Google Login button to log in to both Scoutbook and my.scouting.org. Note even though Scoutbook shows you as a Den Leader, your registration still needs to be corrected.

I would like to retain the portion before the @. I do not want the one that uses my entire email address. Thank you.

@RonaldWatanabe

This is fixed. Your Scoutbook and my.scouting.org IDs have been merged and your 131 MID placed on your my.scouting.org ID as a secondary MID. Use the my.scouting.org ID with the portion of your e-mail address before the @ to log in to Scoutbook and my.scouting.org.

I need my two account merged as well:

6621379 - Preferred Survivor (linked to unit)
14071393 - Preferred login type: google (if I can)

@JonathanWegenka

This is done. The reason you ended up with 2 IDs is when you created the my.scouting.org login with Google Login you used Jon as the first name instead of Jonathan so it did not match you.

Use the Google Login button to log in to Scoutbook and my.scouting.org.

Ed,
Thank you! A problem I am having now is that it seems my DOB is not filled in and it will not let me edit via my profile.

@KevinCondon1

I was able to get the system to push your DOB to the databases where it was missing.

HI Donovan.
I am slowly trying to figure out the website AND I appreciate your help and assistance.
Could you also instruct me for what to do with this problem:

@LayneKing1 if the problem is not getting emails from Calendar reminders that is a known issue - Parents Trail Guide to Scoutbook (SB) - Scoutbook Knowledge Base

Hi, we have an adult leader with multiple user ID’s MID is 13545587, duplicates are 135277614 and 129992017. I was also hoping to correct the spelling of his first name on his MID to Satishkumar. Thank you for your help!

Hi, we have an adult leader with multiple user ID’s MID is 13344237 and duplicate to be removed is 13511733. Thanks so much!

Let me take a look @SoDoniaBell

1 Like

@SoDoniaBell I moved all to 13545587 - as far as correcting name - talk to council for a fix please

1 Like

@SoDoniaBell this is fixed

1 Like

It sounds like some basic Fuzzy Matching would help you avoid a great many of these requests.

Thanks for the quick response and resolution!

The problem is fuzzy matching can incorrectly match people too. We’ve seen a number of cases where people with the same name and DOB were incorrectly matched.

Duplicate ID’s for a parent in our troop 140311732 is the correct one, they would like 13818863 removed, or merged…however it’s done with user ID’s. Thanks so much for all of your help!!

@SoDoniaBell

The reason this adult has multiple BSA Member IDs (MIDs) is because they changed Councils. Each Council has its own set of MIDs and changing Councils generates a new MID.

I have merged the SB IDs and my.scouting.org IDs. The parent needs to use the my.scouting.org ID that is the first name to log in to both Scoutbook and my.scouting.org.

Have the parent check the spelling of their last name as it differed on the two accounts. If it is incorrect, contact your Council office to change it.

I also found 3 MIDs, 2 Scoutbook IDs and 2 my.scouting.org IDs for the Scout. I have merged the Scoutbook and my.scouting.org IDs and applied the MIDs from Orange County Council to the my.scouting.org ID as secondary. He needs to use firstname.lastname to log in to both Scoutbook and my.scouting.org.

Thank you for your help!