My child cannot log in to his account

My child cannot log into his account using HIS e mail address but he forgot the password. We tried to reset the password, but he got no e mail sent to him. We thought he forgot his user name as well. When we tried to retrieve his user name using HIS e mail, we got a message saying “account not found.” Next we tried his BSA membership number and day of birth. An account of his name, BSA number, and date of birth was found, except the e mail address appears to be MINE (with * blocks out some of the letters). We went along, and the system told us his username is HIS e mail address as we thought, even when we used it to retrieve password, it said username not found. Worst, a password reset e mail was not sent to either his or my e mail account so we are now stuck.

I also went to my account to see whether I can send him an invite to start over, but the invitation option is over. What should I do now? Is this the place I can post his BSA and date of birth so someone can help figure this out? Thanks.

You can post his bsa member number, and we can look up the rest.

His BSA# is: 135509563
e mail:lasergoat327@icloud.com

Thanks a million for the quick reply.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi,

I posted this before X-mass and someone has replied and asked for my son’s BSA membership number. I replied with the info, but perhaps due to the holiday, my case was “closed” because it is over 7 days old. This is a bit unexpected given the fact that it is an on-going investigation in the middle of a long holiday. Any way, could someone please help? Thanks.

My child cannot log into his account using HIS e mail address (e-mail removed for privacy) but he forgot the password. We tried to reset the password, but he got no e mail sent to him. We thought he forgot his user name as well. When we tried to retrieve his user name using HIS e mail, we got a message saying “account not found.” Next we tried his BSA membership number (135509563) and day of birth. An account of his name, BSA number, and date of birth was found, except the e mail address appears to be MINE (with * blocks out some of the letters). We went along, and the system told us his username is HIS e mail address as we thought, even when we used it to retrieve password, it said username not found. Worst, a password reset e mail was not sent to either his or my e mail account so we are now stuck.

I also went to my account to see whether I can send him an invite to start over, but the invitation option is over. What should I do now? Is this the place I can post his BSA and date of birth so someone can help figure this out? Thanks.

@EricChang - the forums are volunteer run, so not necessarily an on going investigation but at any rate here is the original post.

@EricChang For some reason, your son had your e-mail associated with his accounts. I have fixed this.

Try going to my.scouting and request another password reset using his e-mail address.

It worked. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.