Parent cannot log in

I have his birthdate. Can I enter it myself?

You can try. I donā€™t know if the data field is visible to you or not.

I see. Yes, I just tried and donā€™t see on Scoutbook where a birthdate can be entered.

Who sets up the my.scouting account?

The user (parent) can set up their own my.scouting account.

Is this the same as Scoutbook or different? Or is this the name of the account one needs to access Scoutbook?

Can you please send me the correct link to send to this person to set up this my.scouting account?

Then they use their e-mail and the password the other support person set up earlier in this forum string? The password is: Training1

Is this correct?

This
https://my.scouting.org/

This will be what the adult uses to access Scoutbook after creating the account. Due to the way Scoutbook works, you will need to post the generated BSA ID here so we can add it to the existing Scoutbook account. After that, the adult will use the my.scouting.org ID and password to log in to Scotubook.

my.scouting.org IDs are created at my.scouting.org.

So, first the user needs to create an account at my.scouting.org.

Then, I post to you his BSA ID# (that I posted earlier on this thread) and you do something in the system to activate his account?

Then, he goes in again and uses his ID and password (his e-mail address and pw: Training1) to login to Scoutbook.

Did I understand you correctly?

Since the user already has a BSA Member ID, they will be able to recover it when creating a my.scouting.org ID. They will be asked if they have previously registered. They will say yes and the system will match them to their existing ID. After creating the my.scouting.org ID for that BSA Member ID, they will be able to immediately log in to Scoutbook using the new ID.

Ok, I will copy that and send it to him.

So does he need the ā€œTraining1ā€ password anymore? Iā€™m confused about that password.

When he generates a new my.scouting.org ID he will create a new password. That new ID and password will be used for Scoutbook.

Ok thank you. So at this point I tell him he needs to create a my.scouting.org account and that has been the trouble from the get go.

And I will share with him the steps you shared with me.
Thank you.

Update: success!! Council was able to reset the password. Thanks for your help

2 Likes

The user is creating the account nowā€¦ almost doneā€¦ it says select method to log in to your my.scouting.org accountā€¦ should I select BSA credentials?

It is up to the user. The options are bsa credentials (the my.scouting.org ID and password), Google ID or Apple ID. All BSA systems that use the my.scouting.org ID support all 3 login methods.

Heā€™s created an account and now says"
Now I am on a page that has two pictures one says find a unit and the other says visit training page

Find a unit, right? We are pack 123 out of Carmel, Monon district

He should be all set at this point. Have him try to log in to Scoutbook using the new ID/PW in a different tab or window.

He just asked: Should I pic our pack firstā€¦ does it automatically connect me to Trace?