Scout can't log into Scoutbook

@AudreyReed if you see the image in my post above there is hidden text in blue on failed “Whoops” screen below the SB logo. That is the Server. Copy it and post here as Matt did.

Thanks @Matt.Johnson that is 3 of 8 servers

@DonovanMcNeil - let me run through several instances areas and report back. I suspect that the load balancers are out of sync

@Stephen_Hornak perhaps - but the scouts ARE logging in they just time out before they see it

@DonovanMcNeil - yeah I do get that… but I want to run through pc’s globally to see if we can narrow it down to east/west

@Stephen_Hornak same page

1 Like

One more server that gives whoops.
AWSWEBSCTBK1A

This just gave a whoops - AWSWEBSCTBK2C

From Sydney Australia -
BSA Sydney,Aus

AWSWEBSCTBK3A - another whoops.

I don’t think geography plays a role in the load balancer and I don’t think the problem is related to specific servers. We have seen the problem only with youth accounts and only when logging in through scoutbook.scouting.org. It appears to work properly when logging in via advancements.scouting.org then clicking the Scoutbook link, even when being directed to a server where the login just failed. Adult accounts are also not failing.

@edavignon I took the long way around a few days ago with my daughters login (through my.scouting.org) and got far enough to be able to try to post a note to one of her merit badge requirements. When I clicked post, I got the whoops timeout message. So it’s not just isolated to logging in.

@edavignon - valid point, but once logged in there are functional issues like adding notes to advancement and MB that result in a whoops. I was looking to rule out core system issues. It is indeed a tough one to get past. Would it help if I ran a wireshark and sent that capture along ?

@edavignon - I have the wireshark capture just let me know where to send it off-line

@Stephen_Hornak

Send it to me. I’ll forward it on.

@edavignon - had to send it as a shared link… let me know if that works

Morning,
Thursday am after the Wed night maintenance, I am still having the same problem as everyone else. Adults can log into Scoutbook, not our kids.
Using the long way around through internet advancements, only my oldest son can do some things.
When he posts notes on merit badges, he gets the “Whoops” error message.

My youngest son can log in the long route, but every time he clicks on Scoutbook he is kicked out to the main page, This is on the same computer, Chrome browser, 2 minutes apart.

Is someone still working on this?

This is obviously a big bug and important to the developers. The also obviously did not have a fix to release last night.

Yes, this is still being worked and has top priority. As soon as a fix is released we will post in the Change Log.

The developers report this is fixed