Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Scout disappeared from Scoutbook

@DonovanMcNeil - no. This scout does not share a name. The parent was never able to successfully connect to the scout. I am thinking when the scout account was created, it was as an adult from the beginning.

@RobertEberhart did it never show in a den? Did you let the system make the account?

@DonovanMcNeil - We did let the system make the account and he did show in a den with the correct DOB and the correct parents listed as well. The mother was never able to properly connect with her sons account as every parent should see their kid. I received an email from SB support (William Bennett) that the scout was listed as an adult and it would be set as a scout. However long the change takes or the sync or whatever is needed to make the scout reappear is not known.

Yes I am following the ticket

@RobertEberhart out of curiosity look at roster and adults - see him there now?

@DonovanMcNeil - I just tried to add a new leader to the pack. I searched his name and it shows up. Funny enough - in scout.net he is listed as a scout and not an adult.

@RobertEberhart How old is this scout?

@jacobfetzer - the scout is a lion. He is 6 - DOB = 7/9/2013

I am also having a similar issue. One of my girls in my troop keeps disappearing. I am linked to her in our crew, so I keep putting her back into the troop. However, after I do that she keeps getting kicked out again when they do a sync. She is primary in the crew and secondary in the Troop.

I have a second girl that they made a second account for as well so I have two of her in the troop.

@HeatherReese - does the girl who has a dual membership show up in the roster at my.scouting.org for the troop. Now as far as duplication goes I had that happen in my pack when i hand entered the scout and used the nickname.

I do not know if I can see that. I can see the adults. I have admin on scout book. The other girl does not have a nickname.

@HeatherReese - I would have one of the key 3 check the roster on my.scouting.org against the troop. Any variation should be addressed in an email to scoutbook.support@scouting.org

Look under their patrol and check the box that says Position Approved. I noticed he was the only one not approved.

@DonovanMcNeil - my missing scout is still mia in scoutbook. He is still listed as an adult when I do a search. Do you have an idea of when a change may occur or when I should see the scout again? Thanks for the information.

It will take a few days

@DonovanMcNeil - it has been a few days and we still don’t see him in Scoutbook. How can we verify that the change has been made?

@DonovanMcNeil - still no Lion Scout. I can find him still listed as an adult if I try to add a new leader. Last Tuesday - WIlliam Bennet responded from scout support that the ‘Admin team’ was investigating the issue. I understand that most of us are volunteers, but this doesn’t seem that confusing to me. I am an IT guy and think I have a pretty good knowledge on database functionality. This shouldn’t take very long to make a change on the back end of the app. DB and have it populate the front end. This is very frustrating. We are working on rank advancements and we have a scout who can not officially advance. Any advice?

Robert,

I have asked that this be looked into. I agree this should not take long to get corrected.

1 Like

Robert,

The developers tell me your issue has been corrected. Please let me know if it is working now.

I am having this same issue. I’ve reported the problem to Scoutbook a couple of times and it continues to occur. The message below appears as a note in Scoutbook under the Scout’s membership:

DateEnded by SP ExpireInvalidYouthUPsCreatedinSB after 60 Day Lapse